31 мар. 2021 г.

Maudie (2016)

Maud: I was... Got your ad at the store. The one you posted, looking for a housemaid...
Everett Lewis: Yeah.
Maud: Well, I'm answering it.
Everett Lewis: Looking for a woman.
Maud: Well... what do you think I am?

Everett Lewis: You walk funny. You a cripple?
Maud: No.
Everett Lewis: No? You're not sick or nothing?
Maud: No, I just... I just walk funny. It don't stop me. I can do the work of five women.

Aunt Ida: If you leave now, you are never coming back. Do you know that?
Maud: Yeah, I know. I know that. Sorry. Got a job now. You been good to take me in, but I gotta go now.

Maud: Uh... I'm assuming... assuming I'm working for room and board, but... I was thinking an extra 25 cents spending money as well... a week?

Everett Lewis: Let me tell you how it is around here, all right? There's me, them dogs... them chickens, then you.

Sandra: Why don't I commission you to paint me something? You can paint me anything on a board, just like that. Just whatever you want. And I'll pay you for it. You can send it to me in New York... Show me how you see the world.
Maud: For five dollars?
Sandra: Five dollars.
Maud: Uh, to New York? That's a long way. Does that include postage?

Maud Lewis: Got a letter today. From Vice President Nixon.
Everett Lewis: What'd he want?
Maud Lewis: A painting.
Everett Lewis: A painting?
Maud Lewis: Mm-hmm. Unless he sends money for a painting... won't send him any.

Sandra: Maud... can you teach me how to paint?
Maud Lewis: No one can teach that. If you wanna paint, you paint, I suppose.

Maud Lewis: I don't go nowhere, so... paint from memory, I suppose. I make my designs up.

Sandra: .... I'm still trying to figure out what makes you tick.
Maud Lewis: Don't know.
Sandra: Don't... I don't want for much, you know?
Maud Lewis: As long as I got a brush in front of me, I don't care. A window. I love a window. A bird whizzing by. Bumblebee. It's always different. The whole of life. The whole of life already framed. Right there.

Maud Lewis: Wonder... how I ever thought you weren't perfect. Huh?


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий