22 февр. 2019 г.

Jackie (2016)

The Journalist: And how would you like him remembered, Mrs. Kennedy?

Jackie Kennedy: Do you know what I think of history?... I've read a great deal. More than people realize. The more I read, the more I wonder... When something is written down, does that make it true?
The Journalist: It's all that we have.
Jackie Kennedy: Had. We have television now. At least people can see for their own eyes.

The Journalist: Royalty. You make him sound like royalty.
Jackie Kennedy: Well, for royalty you need tradition. And for tradition, you need time.

Jackie Kennedy: You want to be famous?
The Journalist: No, I'm fine as I am, thank you.
Jackie Kennedy: You should prepare yourself, this article will bring you a great deal of attention.
The Journalist: Ah. In that case, any advice for me?
Jackie Kennedy: Yes. Don't marry the President.

Jackie Kennedy: I think God is cruel.
The Priest: Well, now you're getting into trouble. God is love. And God is everywhere.
Jackie Kennedy: Was he in the bullet that killed Jack?
The Priest: Absolutely.
Jackie Kennedy: Is he inside me now?
The Priest: Yes, of course. Of course he is.
Jackie Kennedy: Well, that's a funny game he plays, hiding all the time.

Jackie Kennedy: What kind of God takes a father from his two little children?
The Priest: Thy Lord sacrificed his only son...
Jackie Kennedy: And my two babies. Arabella in the womb. And Patrick. Thirty-nine hours on Earth. Just long enough to fall in love with him. What did I do to deserve that?


Jackie Kennedy: There are two kinds of women. Those who want power in the world, and those who want power in bed. Of course, now what am I left with?

Jackie Kennedy: Would you mind getting a message to all our funeral guests when they land?...
Jack Valenti: Of course.
Jackie Kennedy: Inform them that I will walk with Jack tomorrow. Alone, if necessary. And tell General de Gaulle that if he wishes to ride in an armored car or in a tank for that matter, I won't blame him. And I'm sure the tens of millions of people watching won't either.
Jack Valenti: Why are you doing this, Mrs. Kennedy?
Jackie Kennedy: Oh, I'm just doing my job.

The Journalist: With all due respect, you were at the center of it all, Mrs. Kennedy, and I'd imagine it's impossible to have any perspective from that vantage point. But I can assure you that it was a spectacle.

Jackie Kennedy: I never wanted fame. I just became a Kennedy.

The Priest: There comes a time in man's search for meaning, when one realizes that there are no answers. And when you come to that horrible, unavoidable realization, you accept it or you kill yourself. Or you simply stop searching.

The Priest: I have lived a blessed life. And yet, every night, when I climb into bed, turn off the lights, and stare into the dark, I wonder... Is this all there is?
Jackie Kennedy: You wonder?
The Priest: Every soul on this planet does. But then, when morning comes, we all wake up and make a pot of coffee. Why do we bother? Because we do. You did this morning. You will again tomorrow. But God, in his infinite wisdom, has made sure it is just enough for us.

Jackie Kennedy: I believe that the characters we read about on the page end up being more real than the men who stand beside us.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий