26 мар. 2016 г.

Broussard

Colony 1×7


& Broussard: She’s been an asset.
    Quayle: In 52 B.C., the Gauls decided to revolt against Roman rule. They were facing probably the greatest army the world has ever known, commanded by ruthless general named Julius Caesar. So the odds were obviously stacked against the Gauls.
        But Vercingetorix, their king, fought a brilliant campaign. I mean, he basically adopted a scorched-earth policy, set fire to his own villages to cut off the Romans from needed supplies. This action caused Caesar huge logistical problems. But when it came time to put his own shiny capital city to the torch, Vercingetorix faltered. He gave in to the pleas of the town elders, who couldn’t bear to see their capital city destroyed.
    Broussard: How’d that work out for them?
    Quayle: Caesar took Avaricum for his own and slaughtered all of its inhabitants.
------!!!!------

& Quayle: The graveyards of history are littered with merciful men.
    Broussard: As I recall, Caesar’s dead too.
    Quayle: War is about making hard choices.
    Broussard: Quayle: I understand hard choices.
    Quayle: Then do the math.


& Beau: How is it that since I met you, I regularly find myself standing next to awful shit like this?
    Will: It’s a common complaint.

& Will: You were a matchmaker?
    Jennifer: I oversaw 17 million people who were looking for that one other person in the entire universe who might understand them. It taught me everything I need to know about the human condition.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий