13 мар. 2016 г.

Babylon

The X-Files 10×5


& Scully: You know that prophecies like this have been going on for centuries. Failed prognostications of doom, failed prophecy, even in the Bible.
    Mulder: Yeah, God told Adam that if he ate the forbidden fruit he’d die, and he lived 930 years. Top that.
    Scully: You know that didn’t literally happen, right?
    Mulder: I’m just sayin’. It’s your book.

& Special Agent Miller: Hello? Anyone down here?
    Scully: Nobody but the FBI’s Most Unwanted.
    Mulder: ???
    Scully: I’ve been waiting 23 years to say that.
    Mulder: How’d it feel?
    Scully: Pretty good.

& Mulder: He seemed like a bright young man.
    Scully: She calls him «Miller...» Hmm.

& Special Agent Einstein: You think anyone takes the X-Files seriously? That’s why they got them stuck down in that basement office. I pity that poor Agent Scully.
    Special Agent Miller: That’s, like, my dream assignment.
    Einstein: No self-respecting scientist would spend a career toiling away in obscure realms of science fiction.
    Miller: Why else would she do it?
    Einstein: She’s clearly in love with him.
    Miller: You spent all of five minutes with them. How do you know that?
    Einstein: Nothing else would explain it.
    Miller: Maybe he values her open mind.
    Einstein: Maybe she challenges his BS.

& Mulder: I-I don’t do woo woo.


& Einstein: Please enlighten me, Agent Mulder, how nine years of college, three degrees, and two years at Quantico has left me such a simpleton.
    Mulder: Not a simpleton. A mugwump.
    Einstein: I resent that characterization, and I don’t even know what it means.
    Mulder: It means sit down and shut up.
    Einstein: You talk to Agent Scully like that?
    Mulder: Only when she’s being a mugwump.

& Mulder: A-Agent Einstein? Agent Einstein, tell him.
    Einstein: Tell him what, Agent Mulder?
    Mulder: What were were doing was under your medical supervision, all on the up and up.
    Einstein: It was until it wasn’t.
    Mulder: Well, it’s not like it was volitional.
    Skinner: What was it, Agent Mulder?
    Mulder: It was the Magic Mushrooms. Maybe I took too much.
    Einstein: Maybe you didn’t take enough.

& Mulder: Well, you were there, too. And you were 50 shades of bad.

& Miller: It was all you and Agent Mulder.
    Einstein: Remarkably, I did nothing. And, remarkably, it worked.Although I’m at a loss
in explaining it.
    Miller: Maybe some things are unexplainable, Agent Einstein...

& Einstein: The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious, the source of all true art and science.
    Miller: That’s... beautiful, Einstein.
    Einstein: Yes, Einstein. That’s who said it, Miller.

& Einstein: Although something is clearer to me now, as a result of the experience. The value of an open mind? The nature of reality. I’m now convinced that words and ideas do have weight, the weight to move people to do the most psychotic things.

& Scully: Wonders never cease with you.

& Mulder: I saw things, though, Scully. Powerful things. I saw deep and unconditional love.
    Scully: I saw things, too. I witnessed unqualified hate that appears to have no end.
    Mulder: Yeah. But how to reconcile the two? The extremes of our nature. That’s the question.
    Scully: Maybe the question of our times...

& Mulder: Walk with me, Scully. This whole thing has got me thinking...

& Mulder: But where does the hatred end, though?
    Scully: Maybe it ends where it began, by finding a common language again.
    Mulder: Maybe that’s God’s will.
    Scully: How can we really know?
    Mulder: He’s absent from the stage.
    Scully: Well... maybe it’s beyond words. Maybe we should do like the prophets and... open our hearts and truly listen... What? What?
    Mulder: Did you hear that?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий