14 февр. 2016 г.

Spotlight

& Marty Baron: I’d like to challenge the protective order in the Geoghan case.
    Publisher: You want to sue the Catholic Church?

& Mitchell Garabedian: The Church thinks in centuries, Mr. Rezendes. Do you think your paper has resources to take that on?

& Sacha Pfeiffer: Can you tell me specifically what happened?
    Joe: Specifically... He molested me.
    Sacha Pfeiffer: Joe, I think that the language is going to be so important here. We can’t sanitize this, just saying ’molest’ isn’t enough. People need to know what actually happened.
    Joe: ..... We should probably get these to go.

& Mitchell Garabedian: Really? East Boston? You don’t sound like it... This city. This people. Making the rest of us feel like we don’t belong. But they’re no better than us. Look at how they treat their children... Mark my words Mr. Rezendes, if it takes the village to raise the child, it takes the village to abuse one.


& Walter ’Robby’ Robinson: We got a story about degenerate clergy. And we got a story about a bunch of lawyers... turning child abuse into a cottage industry. Now, which story do you want us to write? Cause we’re writing one of them.

& Mike Rezendes: ...so I could just walk in to that courthouse right now... and get those documents?
    Mitchell Garabedian: No, you can not. Because the documents are not there.
    Mike Rezendes: But you just said they’re public.
    Mitchell Garabedian: I know I did. But this is Boston. And the Church does not want them to be found, so, they are not there.
    Mike Rezendes: Mitch, are you telling me that the Catholic Church... removed legal documents from that courthouse?
    Mitchell Garabedian: Look, I’m not crazy, I’m not paranoid. I’m experienced. Check the docket, you’ll see. They control everything. Everything.

& Mike Rezendes: Looks like everybody already knows the story.
    Robinson: Yeah, except us... and we work right there.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий