5 февр. 2016 г.

Concussion

& «Iron» Mike Webster: I’ll tell you this, it’s painful to playin’ football, obviously. And it’s not a lot of fun out there, bein’ two day drills in the heat of summer, bangin’ heads, it’s not a natural thing. I was scared to fail, honest to god, I was scared I’d fail. I’m still scared of that. And all we have to do is finish the game. If we finish — we win. Yeah.

& Dr. Omalu: My specialty is the science of death. I think more about why people die, than I do the way people live.

& Dr. Wecht: You need a girlfriend, You need to touch somebody alive once in a while occasionally. Living women, well occasionally they’re a pain in the ass, but quite often they’re amazing. Give it a try.
    Dr. Omalu: Okay.
    Dr. Wecht: Just be, a little less of an artist, fit in a little more.

& Dr. Omalu: Need is not weak. Need is need. I know where you are, I was you. You are in America now, so, you have to be the best version of yourself. If you don’t know what that is, you pick something and fake it.

& Dr. Omalu: ... All of these animals have shock absorbers built into their bodies. The woodpeckers tongue extends through the back of the mouth out of the nostril encircling the entire cranium. It is the anatomical equivalent of a safety belt for it’s brain. Human beings, not a single piece of our anatomy protects us from those types of collisions. A human being will get concussed at 60 G’s. A common head to head contact on a football field?.. 100 G’s. God did not intend for us to play football.
    Dr. DeKosky: Let’s keep God out of this.
    Dr. Omalu: Okay.


& Dr. Maroon: You think you’re being a good American. So... the city of Pittsburgh spent $233 million To build their glorious Steelers a new stadium. All the while they were closing schools, and raising taxes. These people are not out to change the world. And this is not some quaint academic discovery stuck in the back of an obscure medical journal. Bennet Omalu is going to war with a corporation That has 20 million people on a weekly basis craving their product. The same way they crave food. The NFL owns a day of the week. The same day the church used to own, now it’s theirs. They’re very big.

& Dr. Omalu: What do you think?
    Dr. Wecht: I think you’re gonna be an American hero.
    Dr. Omalu: I’m not even an American.
    Dr. Wecht: Ah, that’s even better. That’s so fucking American!

& Dr. Omalu: When I was a boy, growing up in Nigeria... Heaven was here... and America was here. To me it was the place where God sent all of his favorite people. You could be anything, you could do anything. Americans were the manifestation of what God wanted us all to be. I have never wanted anything... as much as I wanted to be accepted as an American. But Mike Webster goes mad, and nobody asks why. They make fun of him, they insult him on TV. And now they want to pretend that his disease does not exist. And they want to bury me... It’s offensive. I am offended!

& Dr. Omalu: Mike Webster ... has given me a great gift. A dangerous gift. The gift of knowing.

& — Chief Medical Examiner for Washington, DC means you would also consult with the CIA and FBI, and any foreign government requesting the assistance of the United States Government. Essentially, you are America’s forensic pathologist. ... Would you like to hear about the benefits package?
    Dr. Omalu: No, I mean, I’m sure it’s fine.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий