4 февр. 2016 г.

Far and Away

& Joe Donnelly: I’ve come back to tell you something. You’re an especially odd boy.
    Joseph: You came back from the dead to tell me that I’m odd?
    Joe Donnelly: You have all kinds of oddities clattering around in your brain.

& Joseph: I’ll work my own land someday.
    Joe Donnelly: Without land a man is nothing. Land is a man’s very own soul.

& Danty Duff: God bless your soul, Joe Donnelly. For the second time.

& Shannon: I didn’t expect it to be so complicated.
    Mr. McGuire: We’re very fortunate. Any difficulty can be overcome with money.

& Joseph: I think you should cover your ankles...

& Joseph: I think I like America.
    Shannon: Do you now?
    Joseph: Aye. We’ve only been here a day. Look at the welcome we’ve got. Would you like a room? Here you go. Would you like a job? Why, here you go. How about some land? Well, get a horse and help yourself.

& Shannon: Give me back my pillow.
    Joseph: Not in 100 years.


& Nora Christie: Do you actually think you’re fooling me, Daniel?
    Daniel Christie: Would you prefer I proclaim my independence and drink in the open?
    Nora Christie: No. I like the system we’ve got.

& Joseph: If you want to clean your clothes, you have to get your hands wet... First, you place the board like so. You take the soap in your right hand, the clothes in the left. You brush the soap across the clothes twice. Like so. Then you plunge and scrub. You plunge and scrub. Plunge and scrub and plunge and scrub. And plunge and scrub and lift. And if it’s still not clean, then you go again. You plunge and scrub. You plunge and scrub. You keep plunging and scrubbing till all your plunging and scrubbing is done.

& Shannon: $4. That’s more than plucking chickens in a month...

& Molly: Why don’t you shag her and get it over with?
    Joseph: She’s my sister!
    Molly: And I’m your mother.

& Nora: It’s scary out here, Daniel.
    Daniel: We’ll do fine. Pretend we’re starting out in life instead of ending up.

& Shannon: Go, Joseph. Go! Ride. Go get your land.

& Joseph: This land is mine! Mine by destiny!

& Shannon: Look! You’ve got your land.
    Joseph: But all the land in the world means nothing to me without you.

& Joseph: I tried to prove myself to you, but I know nothing of books or alphabets or sun or moon or... All I know is Joseph loves Shannon. That’s all that matters to me.

& Joseph: You can be sure I won’t be dying twice.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий