1 янв. 2015 г.

Predestination

& The Bartender: What if I could put him in front of you? The man that ruined your life? If I could guarantee that you’d get away with it would you kill him?

& The Unmarried Mother: You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.
    The Bartender: The one thing that this job has taught me is that truth is stranger than fiction.

& The Interviewer: Do you see yourself as a tourist or a participant?
    Jane: I’ve excelled in advanced physics, biology and astronomy. A tourist is someone who travels across the ocean only to be photographed sitting next to their boat. I have no intention of being a tourist.

& The Unmarried Mother: Well, you know what they say about good things happening to those who wait. «But only the things left behind by those who hustle», he said. I couldn’t believe it. It was a quote by Abraham Lincoln and I was thinking the exact same thing.

& The Unmarried Mother: I think this world deserves the shit storm that it gets.
    The Bartender: I know.
    The Unmarried Mother: I mean, let’s face it. Nobody’s innocent. Everybody just uses everybody else to get what they want.


& The Bartender: Then what do you want?
    The Unmarried Mother: What does anyone want?
    The Bartender: Love.
    The Unmarried Mother: Fuck love. A purpose.
    The Bartender: A purpose? You don’t have that?
    The Unmarried Mother: I’m working on it.

& The Bartender: Killing somebody’s not easy, you know. No matter how much hate and anger you may have in your heart, when it comes time to pull the trigger most people can’t do it.
    The Unmarried Mother: You speaking from experience?
    The Bartender: I’m just telling you the truth.

& The Unmarried Mother: This life. Is it lonely? No family?
    The Bartender: No. But, you do have a purpose.

& The Bartender: You know who she is, And you understand who you are, And now maybe you’re ready to understand who I am.

& [anti-spoil]: You wanna know what we’re gonna do tomorrow?
    The Bartender: No.

& The Bartender: The only thing that I know for sure, is that you are the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ humus: «За основу был взят крохотный рассказик Роберта Хайнлайна и подобно скульптору из симпатичной, но вполне проходной для писателя миниатюрки братья Спириг (Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig) вытесали свой шедевр - лучшую ленту о путешествиях во времени за последнюю пару-тройку лет...

...лента из тех, о которых невозможно рассказывать, не впадая в смертный грех спойллерства. Более того, даже прочитав заранее рассказ и приступив к просмотру вы, в конце концов, поймете, что создатели вас подловили, поскольку к оригинальному сюжету они добавили деталь, делающую хайнлайновский сюжет окончательно завершенным. Урборос, поминаемый в фильме получил свое идеальное воплощение.

Сара Снук (Sarah Snook (The Unmarried Mother)) стала для меня открытием конца года...
»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий