16 янв. 2015 г.

Magic in the Moonlight

& Stanley: You know, I don’t know who I loathe more, those who use simple tricks to prey on the gullible, or the gullible, who are so stupid, they deserve what they get.

& Stanley: Doesn’t he know that scientists are among the easiest to fool?

& Howard: I began to doubt my own clear thinking. You know, I thought, «Maybe, she’s the real thing.»
    Stanley: There is no real thing, Howard! It’s all phony! From the séance table, to the Vatican and beyond!

& Grace: I’ve always known there had to be more to this life than meets the eye. How could it be that what we see is all there is to everything? And, that’s such a bleak thought. Why would God go to so much trouble if everything comes to nothing?

& Sophie: I was receiving some mental impressions...

& Sophie: Can I ask what time of day that might be? Just in case I ever need to look my best for a job interview?
    Stanley: Dusk. You’re prettiest at about 8:20 in the summer, when the light is fading.


& Stanley: Life’s not fair, Howard. In fact, as a general rule, as I’ve often said, it’s pretty nasty. Because of Sophie, I began to succumb to magical thinking. And for a while, I was actually happy. But I was happy as a fool is happy. Happiness is not the natural human condition.

& Sophie: And you won’t forgive me?
    Stanley: Well, I can’t forgive you. Only God can forgive you.
    Sophie: But you said there is no God.
    Stanley: Precisely my point.

& Stanley: «What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.» A great man said that.
    Aunt Vanessa: Not the «God is dead» fellow?
    Stanley: The very same.
    Aunt Vanessa: Nevertheless, I think he was wrong. What doesn’t kill us often knocks the hell out of us.
    Stanley: Well, sometimes a close call wakes a person up.

& Stanley: How little that [foolish] logic means when placed next to Sophie’s smile.
    Aunt Vanessa: What are you saying?
    Stanley: That the world may or may not be without purpose, but it’s not totally without some kind of magic.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий