28 янв. 2015 г.

Falling Down

& Guy on Freeway: Where do you think you’re going?
    Foster: Going home.

& Foster: What is this? The last stand on Fiji?

& Mr. Lee: Take the money.
    Foster: You think I’m a thief? Oh, you see, I’m not the thief. I’m not the one charging 85 cents for a stinking soda! You’re the thief. I’m just standing up for my rights as a consumer.

& Foster: I’m rolling back prices to 1965. What do you think of that? Doughnuts. Package of six. How much?..

& Foster: One soda... 12 ounces.
    Mr. Lee: Fifty sen!
    Foster: Sold. It’s been a pleasure frequenting your establishment.

& Foster: I’m going home! Clear the path, you motherfucker! Clear the path! I’m going home!

& Prendergast: He didn’t rob you?
    Mr. Lee: The guy crazy! I told him, «Take my money.» He say no. He call me «thief,» then he break up my merchandise. Then he buy a soda and take off.
    Prendergast: He bought a soda. He paid for it?
    Mr. Lee: I told you, the guy crazy.

& Mr. Lee: Baseball bat!
    Prendergast: What’s that?
    Mr. Lee: The guy take my baseball bat.
    Prendergast: You sell bats?
    Mr. Lee: No, keep for defense. Under counter. Defense.
    Prendergast: You mean he stole your baseball bat but paid for the soda? This guy’s discriminating.
    Det. Brian: That still doesn’t count.

& Foster: There, you see? That’s the concept. Take some shooting lessons, asshole!


& Foster: I’d like some breakfast.
    Rick: We stopped serving breakfast.
    Foster: I know you stopped breakfast, Rick. Sheila told me you stopped... Why am I calling you by first names?
    Rick: I don’t know you.
    Foster: I call my boss «mister» after 7 years, but I walk in here, a stranger... and I’m calling you Rick and Sheila like we’re in an AA meeting. I don’t want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want a little breakfast.

& Foster: Have you ever heard the expression, «The customer is always right»?
    Rick: Yeah.
    Foster: Well, here I am. The customer.
    Rick: That’s not our policy. You have to order something from the lunch menu.
    Foster: I don’t want lunch. I want breakfast.

& Foster: See, this is what I’m talking about. Look at that... See what I mean? It’s plump, juicy, three inches thick. Look at this sorry, miserable, squashed thing. Can anybody tell me what’s wrong with this picture?

& Sandra: I gotta go.
    Prendergast: Wait. Something about my wife. Maybe I never mentioned it...
    Sandra: What?
    Prendergast: I love her.

& Foster: Others want the phone?.. Jeez, that’s too bad, because you know what? I think it’s out of order!

& Nick: Tell me something. Why don’t they call you guys... officer-esses?
    Sandra: I beg your pardon?
    Nick: You know, like actress? Something to signify... you know.

& Nick: I’m with you. We’re the same, you and me. We’re the same. Don’t you see?
    Foster: We are not the same. I’m an American. You’re a sick asshole.

& Nick: You gonna like that, you faggot fuck? Give me your other hand.
    Foster: I can’t.
    Nick: Why not?
    Foster: Gravity.
    Nick: Gravity? What the fuck does that mean?!
    Foster: I’ll fall down.

& Nick: Oh, my God! Oh, my God!
    Foster: Good! Freedom of religion. Now you get the swing of it! Feels good to exercise your rights.

& Captain Yardley: I gave you that speech earlier... because that’s regulations. They make me do it. This one’s from me... I’ve never liked you. You know why? You don’t curse. I don’t trust a man who doesn’t curse. Not a «fuck» or a «shit» in all these years. Real men curse. And I don’t like a man who’s afraid to hit the street. It’s bad for morale.

& Beth: You’re not coming here.
    Foster: But I am. I’m on my way. You can count on that. I’m past the point of no return. Do you know when that is? That’s the point in a journey... where it’s longer to go back to the beginning... than it is to continue to the end.

& Foster: It’s like... Remember when those astronauts got in trouble? They were going to the moon and something went wrong. They had to get back to Earth... but they had passed the point of no return. So they had to go all the way around the moon to get back... and they were out of contact for hours. Everybody waited to see if a bunch of dead guys in a can... would pop out the other side. That’s me. On the other side of the moon now... out of contact... and everybody’s just going to have to wait till I pop out.

& Bazooka’s Kid: What’s the name of the movie? What’s the movie you’re making?
    Foster: Under Construction. You like it?

& Foster: What kind of doctor lives here?
    Dad at Back Yard: Plastic surgeon.
    Foster: Plastic surgery bought all this? Guess I’m in the wrong racket. Are there correspondence courses in plastic surgery?

& Prendergast: They call it a lake, but it’s really just a big bowl of muddy water. But the wife thinks it’s paradise. Everybody has their own idea of what paradise is. Take me, for instance. You know what I thought paradise was?
    Foster: What?
    Prendergast: If you’ll excuse me. Making babies. Ain’t that a kick? Making babies.

& Foster: I’m the bad guy?
    Prendergast: Yeah.
    Foster: How did that happen? I did everything they told me to. Did you know I build missiles? I help to protect America. You should be rewarded for that. Instead, they give it to the plastic surgeon. They lied to me.

& Prendergast: Is that what this is about? You’re angry because you got lied to?.. They lie to everybody. They lie to the fish! That doesn’t give you any right to do what you did today. The only thing that makes you special is that little girl.

& Foster: Sure was hot today, wasn’t it?

& Foster: I would have got you.

& Prendergast: If I had a little girl, I’d want her to be named Adele.
    Adele: What’s yours?
    Prendergast: Mine? My name is mud.
    Adele: Your name is not mud.
    Prendergast: It will be when my wife finds out that... I’m still a cop.

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий