10 окт. 2014 г.

The Fault in Our Stars

& Hazel: I believe we have a choice in this world about how to tell sad stories. On the one hand, you can sugarcoat it. The way they do in movies and romance novels... where beautiful people learn beautiful lessons... where nothing is too messed up that can’t be fixed... with an apology and a Peter Gabriel song. I like that version as much as the next girl does, believe me... It’s just not the truth.

& Gus: I’ve never lit one. It’s a metaphor, see? You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth... but you never give it the power to kill you. A metaphor.

& Hazel: An Imperial Affliction. It’s a novel. It’s my favorite novel.
    Gus: Wait, does it have zombies in it?
    Hazel: Zombies? No!
    Gus: Stormtroopers?
    Hazel: No, it’s not that kind of a book.
    Gus: Okay, what’s it about?
    Hazel: Uh, cancer.

& Gus: I will read this horrible book with this very boring title... that does not include zombies or Stormtroopers. And in exchange... you will read this. This haunting, yet brilliant novelization of my favorite video game. «Counterinsurgence.» Yeah, don’t laugh. It’s awesome. It’s about honor, and sacrifice, and bravery, and heroism. It’s about embracing your destiny, and leaving a mark on the world.

& Hazel: I’m so glad that you liked it.
    Gus: Yes, I did. But the ending...
    Hazel: I know. It is rather abrupt.
    Gus: «Rather abrupt»? Are you kidding? It’s evil! I mean, I understand that she dies... but there’s an unwritten contract between author and... Between author and reader. And I feel like ending your book in the middle of a sentence... violates that contract, don’t you think?
    Hazel: Okay, yes. I know what you mean... but, to be completely honest, I think it’s just so truthful. You just die in the middle of life. You die in the middle of a sentence.


& Augustus: That’s the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.

& Gus: Hazel, I’m saying I wouldn’t mind. It’d be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.

& Frannie: You two are so adorable.
    Hazel: We’re just friends.
    Gus: Well, she is, I’m not.

& Waiter: Do you know what Dom Pérignon said after he invented champagne?.. «Come quickly,» he said. «I’m tasting the stars.»

& Augustus: I am in love with you. And I know that love is just a shout into the void... and that oblivion is inevitable. And that we’re all doomed... and that one day... all of our labors will be returned to dust. And I know that the sun will swallow the only Earth we will ever have. And I am in love with you.

& Van Houten: How familiar are you with Swedish hip-hop?
    Hazel: I would say, limited.
    Van Houten: Uh, Lidewij, play Bomfalleralla immediately. ...
    Hazel: We don’t speak Swedish, sir.
    Van Houten: Who the hell speaks Swedish? The important thing is not what nonsense the voices are saying... but what the voices are feeling.

& Anne Frank: 'And yet, when I look up at the sky... I somehow feel that everything will change for the better. That this cruelty, too, will end. All is as it should be. God wishes to see people happy. Where there is hope... there is life.'

& Anne Frank: 'At such moments... I can't think about the misery... but about the beauty that still remains. Try to recapture the happiness within yourself. Think of all the beauty in everything around you... and be happy.'

& Isaac: Can I have an egg?
    Gus: Hazel Grace... egg me.
    Hazel: Egged.

& Hazel: You think that the only way to lead a meaningful life... is for everyone to remember you, for everyone to love you. Guess what, Gus. This is your life, okay? This is all you get. You get me, and you get your family, and you get this world, and that’s it. And if that’s not enough for you, then I’m sorry, but it’s not nothing. Because I love you. And I’m gonna remember you.

& Frannie: Losing you... That is gonna hurt like hell. But you of all people know it’s possible to live with pain. You just do it.

& Hazel: I’m gonna talk about math. I am not a mathematician, but I do know this. There are infinite numbers between zero and one. There’s point-one, point-one-two, and point-one-one-two, and... and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between zero and two... or between zero and a million. Some infinities are simply bigger than other infinities. A writer that we used to like taught us that. You know, I want more numbers... than I’m likely to get. And, God... do I want more days for Augustus Waters than what he got. But, Gus... my love... I cannot tell you how thankful I am... for our little infinity... You gave me a forever... within the numbered days. And for that, I am... I am eternally grateful.

& Van Houten: ...here I am. And that’s your answer, «Omnis cellula e cellula.» «Life comes from life.»

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ quotes on the Imdb.

Soundtrack

http://www.allobo.com/

Σ 

«»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий