27 окт. 2014 г.

Get the Rope

The Knick 1×7

& Dr. Thackery: You didn’t have to do that.
    Dr. Christiansen: I meant every word of it. You’re a comet in the sky, young Thack. Embrace it.

& Dr. Christiansen: They’re ready.
    Dr. Thackery: Let’s give ’em a show.
    Dr. Christiansen: Dr. Thackery will make the first incision. In countless trials, Dr. Thackery has devised a way in which to accurately determine the location of the appendix, thus eliminating the estimation of where to make the initial incision. Dr. Thackery.
    Dr. Thackery: Surgical knife... By drawing a line and divining the midway point between the anterior-superior iliac spine and the umbilicus, parallel to the fibers of the external oblique, no matter what the size or sex of the patient... you will always find the appendix.
    Dr. Christiansen: And there it is. The Thackery Point never misses.

& Mrs. Sears: Who the hell are you?
    Dr. Edwards: I’m the deputy chief of surgery.
    Mrs. Sears: Nice to meet you. I’m the Queen of England.

& Police Officer A: You really got to take orders from him?
    Nurse Elkins: I take my orders from all the doctors here.
    Police Officer B: The day I let a nigger tell me what to do... is the day I dig my grave.


& Mrs. Sears: My boy is dead. He’s dead at the hand of one of them black bastards. Take down every one of them fucking darkies. Rip their throats and grind their eyes down to jelly. Make ’em pay for what they done to my Phinny!

& Dr. Edwards: You don’t have to stay with me if this is too offensive for you.
    Cornelia: I’ve seen a buttock before.
    Dr. Edwards: A black one?
    Cornelia: Yes, yours... When we’d play in the garden with the water pails and you’d run around without pants.
    Dr. Edwards: We were three!

& Cornelia: What sex?
    Dr. Edwards: What?!
    Cornelia: The babies you delivered.
    Dr. Edwards: Oh.

& Nurse Elkins: Will it hurt?
    Dr. Thackery: I can make it painless and perfect.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий