18 окт. 2014 г.

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow

& Gen. Brigham: You misunderstand, Major. I didn’t ask you here to sell me, I want you to sell the invasion.
    Cage: Okay.
    Gen. Brigham: You ship out to the coast in one hour. Your comrade is standing by. You’ll be on the beach with the first wave.
    Cage: ... I’m sorry. The first wave, the beach? You mean... The front?
    Gen. Brigham: France.

& Cage: You’re name’s Farell?
    Sgt Farell: That’s right. Master Sergeant Farell.
    Cage: Master Sergeant Farell, you’re an American.
    Sgt Farell: No, sir. I’m from Kentucky.

& Cage: Where are you from in Kentucky, Sergeant?
    Sgt Farell: Little town called Science Hill. Heard of it?

& Sgt Farell: You’re a coward and a liar, putting your life above theirs. The good new is there’s hope for you, Private. Hope in the form of glorious combat, battle is the great redeemer, fire and crucible in which the only true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.


& Sgt Farell: Private Kimmel, what is my view of gambling in the barracks?
    Kimmel: Dislike it, Sergeant Farell.
    Sgt Farell: Nance, why do I dislike it?
    Nance: Cause it maintains the notion that our fate is in hands other than our own.
    Sgt Farell: And what is my definitive position on the concept of fate?
    Nance: Chorus. Through readiness and discipline we are masters of our fate.
    Sgt Farell: You might call that notion ironic, but trust me. You’ll come around.

& Cage: You have to listen to me, I will never be combat ready...
    Sgt Farell: I envy you, Cage. Tomorrow morning you will be baptized, born again.

& Sgt Farell: Private Cage! You’re going the wrong way! You’re gonna miss your moment!

& Cage: My safety? How do I get my safety...?

& Cage: What... what day is it?
    Sgt Farell: For you... Judgment day.

& Rita: First I need your help.
    Cage: Help with what exactly?
    Rita: Winning the war.

& Cage: So I’m resetting the day?.. Okay. How do I control it?
    Rita: You have to die. Every day.

& Sgt Farell: It’s a new day, people! Destiny calls.

& Cage: Ten minutes.
    Rita: Okay. And then I’m killing you.
    Cage: Fine.

& Rita: No one’s crazy enough to follow us to Paris.

& Cage: Just listen. But you’re gonna want to hear this story. Now it’s gonna sound ridiculous at first, but the longer I talk the more rational it’s going to appear.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Military, [not such]sci-fi Groundhog Day.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий