10 дек. 2013 г.

Tremors

Elementary 2×10

& Watson: Any thoughts where the queen who gave it to him might be?
    Sherlock: No, not just yet.
    Captain Gregson: Give the man a minute, will you? He’s a brave and brilliant instrument of justice. All we got to do is stay out of his way, and he’ll lead us right to the truth.

& Judge: We’re here today because you screwed up. And the NYPD has empowered me, as a technically real judge, to determine the magnitude of said screw-up, and to make a recommendation as to whether or not you and your partner can continue your relationship with the city.

& Walker: So you’ve never broken the law?
    Sherlock: Everyone breaks the law, Ms. Walker.

& Sherlock: Ms. Watson and I entered those locations, just not illegally.
    Walker: I’m not sure I understand.
    Sherlock: It was quite some time ago, but if I remember correctly, on most of those occasions, the doors were open.
    Walker: In New York City? The front doors were open? Not just unlocked, but actually open?
    Sherlock: I was surprised, as well.

& Sherlock: Having disarmed the knight, we turned our attention to establishing his identity and that of the queen.


& Detective Bell: This does not fill me with optimism for the queen...

& Detective Bell: But how do we know for sure that’s the queen? I don’t see any crown.
    Sherlock: In the Middle Ages, only royalty were allowed to wear purple and ermine. That is most certainly Silas’s queen.

& Sherlock: Detective Bell is several standard deviations above the norm. I’ve always regarded him as such.

& Walker: Did you put this on my desk?
    Sherlock: “At the head of all understanding is realizing what is and what cannot be and the consoling of what is not in our power to change.” It’s a lovely sentiment. First expressed by the 11th century poet Solomon ben Judah. But you know that ’cause you’ve got a photograph of ben Judah’s bust on your day planner.

& Sherlock: It’s... it’s just a-a... tip of the cap, you know? From one obsessive to another. Just an acknowledgment that the world we live in is so often too complicated for the rules we make to keep it orderly.

& Sherlock: That’s the beauty of the Internet. 24/7 access to everything from twerking kittens to criminal records.

& Sherlock: Science— the most potent distraction of all.

& Watson: Why do we get to be above the rules?
    Sherlock: Because our methods work, and I’m comfortable that our actions are guided by a morality which supersedes any clumsy employee manual. The danger with rulebooks, Watson, is that they offer the illusion that leading a moral life is a simple undertaking, that the world exists in black and white. Welcome to the grays!

& Sherlock: If I went, what would I say? I’ve got nothing to offer the man other than a few banal bromides.
    Watson: What makes you think that’s not enough?

& Judge: My recommendati on to the commissioner will be that Mr. Holmes and Ms. Watson be terminated as consultants to the NYPD.

& Sherlock: There’s much I should say to you... Thanks.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий