18 дек. 2013 г.

House of Cards 1×2

Chapter 2

& Francis: You know what I like about people? They stack so well.

& Francis: San Corp helps me purchase loyalty, and in return they expect mine. It’s degrading, I know, but when the tit’s that big, everybody gets in line.

& Francis: Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power— In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after ten years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn’t see the difference.

& Donald Blyth: I am not comfortable with this.
    Francis: Well, then what do you suggest we do? What a martyr craves more than anything is a sword to fall on, so you sharpen the blade, hold it at just the right angle, and then 3, 2, 1—
    Donald Blyth: It should be me.

& Francis: There’s a gym in the Capitol.
    Claire: Which you never use.
    Francis: Because I’m a tad busy running the country.

& Francis: Is this your subtle way of saying that I’m out of shape?
    Claire: No, it’s my way of suggesting you could be in better shape.
    Francis: That sounds both passive-aggressive and condescending.
    Claire: Just plain aggressive and true.


& Francis: It looks positively medieval, doesn’t it? And to turn my only sanctuary into a fitness dungeon.

& Russo: My name is Peter Russo. Congressman Russo. I’d like to just speak to you for just a... Sir?
    Roy: Either you’re lying, and you can fuck off; or you’re telling the truth, and you can absolutely fuck off.

& Francis: I must walk three miles a day around that Capitol. I’m constantly on my feet. And do you know how many calories the brain burns?
    Claire: I’m not worried about your brain. It’s your heart we’re talking about. Use the machine.

& Francis: She’s right. I should take better care of myself. But it’s the principle. I won’t be a slave to anybody or anything you can order with a toll-free number.

& Russo: Can a corporate sellout roll a joint like this?

& Janine: Hey, Twitter twat, W.T.F.?

& Francis: Let this story play out on its own time. They’ll announce in the morning.
    Zoe: I’m sorry. If not that, what story are we talking about?
    Francis: Catherine Durant. As soon as Kern withdraws, you say she’ll be the replacement.
    Zoe: Is that true?
    Francis: It will be after you write it.

& Francis: Kapeniak and Kern were appetizers, Miss Barnes. Catherine Durant is the meal.

& Francis: Say that name: Catherine Durant. Say it over and over. Tomorrow afternoon, write it down, and then watch that name come out of the mouth of the President of the United States. This is where we get to create.

& Janine: You’re a metro scrub, and now look at you. You’d have to be fucking somebody important.
    Zoe: I’m just doing my job, Janine. Excuse me.

& Francis: Nobody can hear you. Nobody cares about you. Nothing will come of this. Why don’t you let these nice gentlemen take you home?

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий