5 дек. 2013 г.

House of Cards 1×1

Chapter 1

& Francis: There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong... or useless pain... The sort of pain that’s only suffering. I have no patience for useless things.

& Francis: Moments like this require someone who will act... or do the unpleasant thing, or the necessary thing. There... No more pain.

& Francis: Any politician that gets 70 million votes has tapped into something larger than himself, larger than even me as much as I hate to admit it.

& Francis: For some, it’s simply the size of the chair.

& Chief of Staff Linda: I know, he made you a promise, but circumstances have changed.
    Frank: The nature of promises, Linda, is that they remain immune to changing cicumstances.

& Francis: I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood.

& Christina: It’s been six months, it’s not a little office fling anymore.
    Rep. Russo: You want me to say those three magic words. One of which starts with an ’L’.
    Christina: No!
    Russo: Okay. I’ll say them. Christina Gallagher... lick my balls!

& Francis: A hundred days? I can deliver.


& Zoe: You must know the administration’s legislative agenda, what’s coming up first.
    Francis: I may.
    Zoe: Will you tell me?
    Francis: What would be your guess?
    Zoe: .... Education.
    Francis: Why?
    Zoe: Im-immigration is too controversial. Tax reform isn’t sexy enough. Everyone can get behind children.

& Frank: I hope you’ll understand that I wanna sleep on all this. I never make such big decisions so long after sunset and so far from dawn.

& Claire: Does that work on anybody?
    Francis: Does what?
    Claire: The push up bra and the v-neck tee.
    Francis: Well, if it does, I don’t know who they are.

& Claire: How are we doing?
    Francis: Good. Progress. Irons in the fire.
    Claire: I like irons, but I love fire.

& Francis: Nobody’s a boy scout. Not even boy scouts.

& Zoe: We’re in a very gray area... Ethically, legally... Which I’m okay with...
    Francis: I just love this painting. Don’t you? We’re in the same boat now, Zoe. Take care not to tip it over. I can only save one of us from drowning.

& Francis: Power is a lot like real estate. It’s all about location, location, location. The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value.

& Francis: Centuries from now, when people watch this footage, who will they see smiling just at the edge of the frame?

& Francis: Christmas in July.

& Francis: I’m feeling hungry today.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий