24 дек. 2013 г.

House of Cards 1×4

Chapter 4

& Birch: You lied to his face.
    Francis: No. I revised the parameters of my promise.
    Birch: Which is lying.
    Francis: Which is politics...

& Mrs. Tilden: I said she stays.
    Hammerschmidt: There are rules. There’s a way of doing things. If I have a reporter...
    Mrs. Tilden: Two freshmen girls are moving into their dorm room together. One of them’s from Georgia, one of them’s from Connecticut. The girl from Connecticut’s helping her mother put up curtains. The girl from Georgia turns to them and says, “Hi. Where y’all from?” The girl from Connecticut says, “We’re from a place where we know not to end a sentence with a preposition.” The girl from Georgia says, “Oh, beg my pardon. Where y’all from... Cunt?” You heard that one before?
    Hammerschmidt: A version of it. With softer language.
    Mrs. Tilden: Tom, we don’t need people who follow the rules. We need people with personality.

& Francis: If you want to look inviting, wear the black one.

& Francis: It’s so refreshing to work with someone who will throw a saddle on a gift horse rather than look it in the mouth.

& Freddy: You know, that’s why God gave us reflexes. So we can move the fuck out of the way when a fridge come out of nowhere.

& Zoe: I can be flexible.
    Francis: I’m not interested in someone who’s flexible, I’m interested in someone who’s available.


& Francis: You see, Freddy believes that if a fridge falls off a minivan, you better swerve out of its way. I believe it’s the fridge’s job to swerve out of mine.

& Birch: If there had been a party revolt, I would’ve known about it.
    Francis: We don’t need the whole party to revolt. We need 13... 13 Democrats, plus the other side of the aisle.
    Birch: Are you out of your mind?
    Francis: People have been asking me that a lot lately. I’m inclined to start saying yes.

& Birch: I can’t do that. You know I can’t.
    Francis: You’re the speaker, Bob. You can do anything you’d like. And I have to say, appointing the first African-American majority leader... why, that isn’t a bad legacy to have.

& Zoe: Look, Tom, I appreciate the fact that you took a chance on me, but...
    Hammerschmidt: No, I don’t think you do. I don’t think you appreciate anything. I think you’re an ungrateful, self-entitled little c...
Little what?

& Hammerschmidt: What are you doing? Don’t you dare...
    Zoe: You don’t even know what I’m typing.
    Hammerschmidt: Get out, Zoe.
    Zoe: Just a second. I’m almost done.

& Zoe: Call me whatever you want, but you should remember, these days, when you’re talking to one person, you’re talking to a thousand.

& Rasmussen: And if I don’t play along?
    Francis: Then the D-triple-C will pour everything it’s got into your primary opponent’s campaign next cycle. We’ll cleave you from the herd and watch you die in the wilderness.

& Francis: You made yourself available.

& Francis: Take your heels off.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий