7 дек. 2013 г.

Ender's Game

“When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, then in that moment, I also love him.”
A. E. Wiggin

& Graff: Tell me why you kept on kicking him. You had already won the fight. Did you enjoy it?
    Ender: No.
    Graff: Then why? Speak up, son.
    Ender: Knocking him down won the first fight. I wanted to win the next one, too. So they’d leave me alone.

& Graff: The final step in our evaluation is always to see what happens when monitor is removed.
    John Wiggin: And he passed? He did put a child in a hospital.
    Graff: It’s not “what” he did, it’s “why” he did it. It was tactical, a strategy to stop future attacks.


& Ender: Sir, you made them hate me.
    Graff: I told them you were the best. We need a Julius Caesar, a Napoleon.
    Anderson: We hope that would be you.
    Ender: Caesar was assassinated by the people he trusted.
    Anderson: And Napoleon lost in the end.
    Graff: Not before he conquered the whole world.

& Graff: Do not threaten me, boy, not here I’m the enemy!
    Ender: I do not have that confidence.

& Anderson: He is not ready yet!
    Graff: He never really was.

& Petra: Ender, what do we do?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Игра Эндера
+ Тень Эндера

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий