14 дек. 2013 г.

Jobs

& Steve: Okay. That’s it. Well, maybe there’s one more thing... I’m about to show you something that’s amazing. Something that no one else in the world has seen yet. Now, Jony, myself and a small team have been working really hard on a secret project, which is something I’ve been known to do from time to time... The device I’m about to introduce to you is gonna revolutionize an entire industry..... It’s a music playing device.

& Steve: What it represents is as important as what it is. It’s a tool for the heart. And when you can touch someone’s heart, that’s limitless. If I do say so myself, it’s insanely cool. It’s a music player. It’s a thousand songs in your pocket. I’d like to introduce you to the iPod.


& Calligraphy Professor: Calligraphy is the artful and visual expression of communication. Take Garamond, for example. A typeface specifically designed to make the very act of reading more natural...

& Guru: The moment of your death is fixed. Life is but a journey to serenity, to its completion. Be as simple as you can be. You’ll be astonished to see how uncomplicated and happy your life can become.

& Al: What’re you doing, Steve?
    Steve: He’s an idiot. You know, and half the people around here don’t know how to design shit.
    Al: People are complaining about your behavior.
    Steve: Okay? And, yeah. About mine?!
    Al: And your odor. Are you showering like we discussed?
    Steve: I’m wearing shoes. You asked me to wear shoes, and I’ve got them on.
    Al: That’s not part of the deal, Steve. You’ve gotta learn how to work well with other people.

& Al: You’re good. You’re damn good. But you’re an asshole.


& Steve: Woz? Thanks for saving my ass.
    Woz: Of course. We’re friends. That’s, that’s what friends do.

& Steve: I just can’t work for other people. I guess I need my independence. If that makes any sense.
    Woz: Uh-huh. That makes perfect sense.
    Steve: I’m sorry for ruining your Friday night.
    Woz: Are you kidding me? This is great. I’d do this for free. I really would.

& Steve: Don’t you get this? This is freedom! This is freedom to create, and to do, and to build, as artists, as individuals.
    Woz: Look, you’re overreacting. Even if you were developing this for freaks like us, and I doubt you are, nobody wants to buy a computer. Nobody.
    Steve: How does somebody know what they want if they’ve never even seen it? Huh?

& Steve: You know if we’re gonna do this thing, we need to come up with a name.

& Steve: It just needs to be, like, something that people will relate to, you know? Like, it needs to be something that you see, and you’re just, like, “Man, I just gotta have it...” Apple.
    Woz: Excuse me?
    Steve: Apple.
    Woz: Apple, like the fruit?
    Steve: The fruit of creation. Apple. It’s simple but sophisticated. It comes before Atari in the phone book, too.
    Woz: That is so much better than Phaser Beam Computers!.. It’s naming it after a fruit.

& Steve: Apple. Apple Computer.
    Woz: But, what about Apple Records?
    Steve: Apple Records?
    Woz: The Beatles’ label, Ste...
    Steve: What, they own the word “apple”?
    Woz: Why do you always hate The Beatles?
    Steve: Well, I do not hale The Beatles.
    Woz: Yes, you do. You always...
    Steve: I do not hate The Beatles. They’re just, they’re not Dylan, and you know that.
    Woz: Okay, and that’s a comparison that you always make.
    Steve: Well, I... ’Cause it’s obvious.

& Paul Terrell: It’s a big payoff if you deliver.
    Steve: When I deliver.

& Steve: It’s gotta be straighter. These have to be more symmetrical.
    Woz: We have 60 days to complete 50 of these, and you’re worried about the symmetry? Sieve, nobody cares about the look of the board!
    Steve: I care.

& Paul Terrell: The average Joe doesn’t want to build their own computer. They just want to buy it. They want to take it out of the box, plug it in, and have it work... Steve!.. Are you listening to me?
    Steve: .... Yeah.

& Rod Holt: All right. Show me this revolutionary piece of shit.
    Steve: The Apple II. It’s the first ever all-in-one personal home computer.

& Steve: What the hell is the matter with people?!?!
    Woz: Take it the call don’t went well.
    Steve: I would say I hope you choke, but that burrito is gonna kill you either way.

& Steve: Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Steve Jobs. When I founded this company, I had one goal in mind. And that was to do what nobody else considered possible. To put the power and the beauty of the world’s most advanced technology in the hands and homes of people just like you and me. And I can promise you that after today, you will never look at computers the same way again. So I am proud to introduce to you, and the world, the future of personal computing... The revolutionary Apple II.

& Steve: Why do they buy an Apple, not the competitor? Because it’s got bravado. It’s social status. No, you know what? It’s even more than that. It’s social currency. We’ve raised the bar. And if we want to stay there, we gotta risk everything. Great artists, Dylan, Picasso, Newton... they risk failure. And if we want to be great, we’ve gotta risk it, too.
    Best programmer in the division: On the command bar?
    Steve: On everything. And it starts with the little things.

& Steve: If you don’t share our enthusiasm, and care for the vision of this company...
    Best programmer: No, no, no, no. I just, I’m not understanding...
    Steve: Get out.
    Best programmer: What?
    Steve: Get your shit and get out!
    Best programmer: What, wait...
    Steve: You’re done.
    Best programmer: What, you... What, are you gonna, you’re gonna fire me?
    Steve: No! I already fired you!

& Steve: I want to see samples this afternoon. Somehow we managed to design a word processor that doesn’t have fonts. And it can’t happen again. So fix it!

& Woz: Do you know why I started this company with you? Why I left the safety of HP for this?.. I doubt you do. You never asked. I left because this was my thing. And you guys thought it was cool. I just wanted to be one of the guys. And of all the guys I knew, you were the coolest. You were smart, quick-witted... And this was my chance to do what I loved. And to do it for fun. That’s all, that’s all I ever wanted. I thought that’s what you wanted, too. Somethings happened to you, Steve...
    Steve: I’m grown up, Woz.
    Woz: No. No, you’re not.

& Bill Atkinson: Oh, Jesus.
    Steve: Nope. It’s just Steve.

& Steve: Okay. Let’s go back to what you were saying before. This thing is for the everyman. Right? That’s our end user. It’s the school teacher. It’s the garbage man. It’s the kid. it’s some grandma out in Nebraska. Right? So we need to make this thing simple. It’s gotta work like... like an appliance.

& Arthur Rock: What the hell makes you think you can get him? Why would he ever leave Pepsi?
    Steve: Nobody remembers the world’s best soda salesman.

& John Sculley: We’re not selling computers. We’re selling what they can do with a computer. A tool for the mind. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is limitless. Because people will never stop believing that they could get more out of something, whether it be their jobs, their marriage, their money, their lives. That’s what you have to do with the Mac. It’s the belief in the limitless. The impossible. That no matter what you dream, you can do it. And Mac will help you get there... A few months ago, when Steve was visiting me in Manhattan, he asked me a very important question. He said, “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or come with me, and change the world?” Well, here I am. Thank you.


& Steve: Get me Bill Gates on the phone.

& Steve: Let me make this perfectly clear, Bill. So that when I’m finished, you can still see through those thick pretentious glasses, you psychopathic, unimaginative criminal. You stole my software, and I can prove it in court. And I’m gonna sue you for every cent that you have ever made. And I will make it my life’s mission to see to it that you never, never ever make another dollar that I don’t first take 90 cents!

& Woz: Not everyone has an agenda, Steve.
    Steve: Right.
    Woz: You know, I can still remember when we were just kids, back in your dads garage. And we just wanted to create cool toys for people like us. You remember that?
    Steve: Yeah.
    Woz: Now it’s not about people anymore for you. No, it’s about the product. Worst of all, it’s... It’s about yourself. You’re the beginning and end of your own world, Steve. And it’s so small. So sad. And it’s... it’s gotta be lonely.

& John Sculley: Steve... You are your own worst enemy. And this company’s.
    Steve: This... It’s unbelievable. Who do you think you are?
    John Sculley: I’m CEO of Apple Computer.

& Gil Amelio: In order to fix what’s broken, some sacrifices are necessary. All right? Steve, what do you need? Name it.

& Steve: Who are you?
    Jonathan Ive: Jonathan Ive. I’m Director of Industrial Design.
    Steve: Why are you still here?.. Why are you still here at Apple? This isn’t the company I built. There’s no taste, no style. No design. So unless they’re shackling you here, why do you stay?

& Steve: What do you think I stood for?
    Jonathan Ive: I think... I think you believe that the computer, or the Walkman, or whatever it may be, should be a natural extension of the individual. And it’s that mission, that devotion to quality, and ideals, and heart... That’s what keeps us here. That we might do it once more.

& Steve: Whatever you’re working on, the rest of the day I want you to forget it. I want everyone to design something new. I don’t care what it is, I don’t care if it’s technology, just create something. Something useful. Something you care about.

& Jonathan Ive: Steve... We’re glad you’re back.
    Steve: I’m not back... Yet.

& Mike Markkula: If you want to get back what you lost, this is the time.
    Steve: I never lost it. It was stolen from me.

& Jonathan Ive: There’s no sex left in computers. No curves. Now, if computers are for art, and beauty, and global interconnectivity, why are they so ugly? You know, it should be artful. But no one cares. The world may mistakenly see computers only in black and white, but we live, and we dream and we paint in color. And we think the computer should, too. What do you think?

& Steve: Jony, I always want you to be honest with me. No matter what. Just be brutally honest. Understand?

& Jonathan Ive: Steve, Gil Amelio and the board are not gonna allow that. No way.
    Steve: We’re not gonna ask for permission.

& Steve: In short, we’re gonna make Apple cool again.

& Steve: When you grow up, you tend to get told the world is the way that it is, your life is just to live your life inside the world and try not to bash into the walls too much. But that’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader, once you discover one simple fact. And that is that everything around you that you call life was made up by people that are no smarter than you. And you can change it. You can influence it. You can build your own things, that other people can use. It’s to shake off this erroneous notion that life is just there, and you’re just gonna live in it, versus embrace it. Change it. Improve it. Make your mark upon it... And once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.

& Gareth Chang: So... What are we gonna do now?
    Steve: We’re gonna put a dent in the universe.

& Steve: Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ + Уолтер Айзексон — Стив Джобс

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий