23 дек. 2013 г.

The Family

& Warren: Besides our boys landing here in ’44, what’s Normandy famous for?
    Giovanni: Camembert.
    Maggie: Calvados.
    Belle: The Riviera had both those things, and sunshine.

& Warren: OK, can we just cut to the chase here? What game are you in? Bullying, protection, shakedowns? You got a monopoly or do you divvy up the market? What do you reinvest your dough in?

& Maggie: Du beurre de cacahuete... Peanut butter!
    Supermarket Manager: Ah. No, we don’t stock stuff like that, lady.
    Maggie: I was only asking. I’m sorry, but where might I find the pasta?
    Supermarket Manager: On the end, on the right, after the dog food.

& Giovanni: How about your teachers? What are they like?
    Belle: Pretty good.
    Warren: Fucking bad.

& Henri: So, um... What’s your level?
    Belle: What’s more important, a good level or motivation?
    Henri: ... Motivation.
    Belle: That’s all I have.

& Giovanni: Number 1: Of the top ten reasons why I’m a good guy, I don’t like to cause pain for no reason because all my sadistic urges are satisfied when I cause pain for a good reason.


& Maggie: He’s the only plumber within a radius of 20 miles!
    Giovanni: But he disrespected us and he made you wait on him.
    Maggie: Honey, I survived.
    Giovanni: And the guy was tryin’ to rip me off. He tried to make me change all the pipes without giving me no assurance that the problem would be solved. So put yourself in my shoes.
    Maggie: I definitely wouldn’t have beat him up.

& Giovanni: Writing is intense. I feel like I’ve been lookin’ at myself in a mirror all day.

& Warren: Have you ever noticed the number of things Dad is capable of expressing just with the word “fuck”?
    Belle: Trying to say Dad’s illiterate?
    Warren: No... I mean, he’s a good ol’ boy, so you know he talks to be understood, not just to sound good. So, from him, a “fuck” can mean, “Holy shit, what did I just get myself into.” Or, “Great pasta.” Or “I’m gonna get that guy for that.” So why does a guy like that need to stay up all night writing when he could already express the entire range of human emotions with a single word?

& Warren: “If it’s good enough for you, it’s Godunov for me.”

& Belle: I have something that I’d like you to solve. What’s more beautiful than life itself... devours you inside... makes you laugh and cry all day... and makes you do anything... anytime... any place?

& Giovanni: Mmm! Fuck!
    Maggie: Gio.
    Giovanni: Aw, honey, I can’t... I’m sorry, but only a good old-fashioned expression is worthy of your pasta. It is so good that’s the only way you describe it: “fucking good.” It’s the ultimate compliment.

& Principal: Now, let’s talk about your conduct, and the 22 complaints I have received about you.
    Warren: Complaints? About what?
    Principal: Take your pick. Assault, corruption, bullying, threatening students, teachers, adults. Where do you want to start?
    Warren: I want to see my lawyer.

& Stansfield: Explain how that works. How can we have a friendship when you hate me?
    Giovanni: It works just fine. Look at my best friends, I killed them all... Just kidding.

& Giovanni: What’s going on?
    Stansfield: I don’t know, but if I find out if you had anything even remotely to do with this, you’re gonna go away for a hell of a long time.
    Giovanni: Calm down. I was with you all night.
    Stansfield: That’s the problem. Your alibi is too good.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtrack!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий