3 апр. 2012 г.

The Rum Diary

& Kemp: I tend to avoid alcohol... When I can.

& Kemp: Oh, God. Why did she have to happen?.. Just when I was doing so good without her.

& Kemp: Beasts of obesity. Asses that wouldn’t feel an arrow. The great whites. Probably the most dangerous creatures on Earth.

& Lotterman: Too many adjectives, too much cynicism. Nobody wants what’s wrong with the place, they want to read about what’s right.
    Kemp: It’s a rewrite.
    Lotterman: Yeah, I’m aware of that. And while you’re at it, you might want to rewrite the title and call it “Ten Things That I Love About Puerto Rico.”

& Kemp: Thought you said you had a TV.
    Sala: I said I kind of have a TV. The guy across the alley has a TV, I have binoculars. His wife’s deaf. With the window open, you hear every word.

& Kemp: The only upside with Nixon is he ain’t gonna win. He’s got the grin. He ain’t gonna win. Irish guy’s going to win. But they’ll never let him live.
    Sala: How do you know that?
    Kemp: I do “horror-scopes.”


& Mrs. Zimburger: Paul presents us with a somewhat liberal point of view.
    Mr. Zimburger: There is no such thing as a liberal. A liberal is a Commie with a college education thinking Negro thoughts. Well, here’s a fact for you. 76.4% of all Negroes are controlled from Moscow.

& Kemp: God, I’m so hopelessly and progressively in love.
    Sala: Do not confuse love with lust, nor drunkenness with judgment.

& Kemp: I think we’re drinking too much rum.
    Sala: There’s no other way.
    Kemp: I’m getting double ashtray and double salt pot.

& Sala: Do we walk or run?
    Kemp: Walk. I’ll push the car.
    Sala: Let’s walk and hope he’s happy.

& Sanderson: This place is a sea of money, Paul. Unbelievable money. Practically every major corporation hides its cash offshore. And that is good news for us, because we are the shore.

& Kemp: You know what Oscar Wilde said?.. “They know the price of everything, the value of nothing.”

& Moberg: Well, maybe I can interest you gentlemen in something else.
    Kemp: Like what, death?
    Moberg: Like the most powerful drug in the history of narcotics. I’m not at liberty to discuss or disclose. All I can tell you is this stuff is so powerful, they give it to Communists.
    Sala: Who does?
    Moberg: The FBI.
    Sala: Why would the FBI get Communists high?

& Moberg: You take it like eye drops.
    Sala: In the eye?
    Moberg: So I understand. It makes the eye see things. You see a different reality.

& Sala: He wants me to look at his dick. I flatly refused.
    Kemp: What does he want you to look at it for?
    Sala: Says there’s something wrong with it.
    Moberg: It’s a gentleman’s matter.

& Kemp: That explains it. Doesn’t it?
    Sala: Explains what?
    Kemp: The world. And us. ... He looked at me kind of sideways and said, “Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a God. And the only living thing that behaves like it hasn’t got one.”

& Lotterman: Why do you think you’re working here? ’Cause you’re everything that’s wrong with a journalist.
    Kemp: And you’re everything that’s wrong with this insult of a newspaper.
    Moberg: Unanimously agreed.
    Lotterman: Why don’t you shut it, Moburg? You are a waste of human sperm.
    Moberg: Die a prolonged and relentlessly agonizing death!

& Sanderson: Enjoy her.

& Chenault: What is it?
    Kemp: It’s... Hitler.

& Sala: We’re out of rum.
    Moberg: It’s as if God, in a fit of disgust, has decided to wipe us all out.

& Kemp: You smell it? It’s the smell of bastards. It’s also the smell of truth. I smell ink.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Good movie, an actors team, a picture, a sound, a composition. You just need a right, Puerto Rican mood.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий