24 апр. 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x6

Far Away Places

& Abe: How about tonight we go see that stupid movie about the guy being hunted in Africa? “The Naked Prey.”
    Peggy: I don’t know, Abe.
    Abe: You’re gonna resist the chance to see Cornel Wilde naked? I heard he wrestles a boa constrictor. Sounds pretty dirty.

& Peggy: Fine. We’ll go to the movies. I just can’t promise that my mind won’t be elsewhere.
    Abe: Your mind is always elsewhere.

& Abe: Why are you doing this right now? Most men wouldn’t even have this conversation. They’d just leave.

& Abe: Have a shitty day.

& Raymond: I wish someone was eating beans.
    Stan: That guy is.
    Raymond: I did ask for college students.
    Peggy: I know that, Raymond. And we want you to have everything you asked for.
    Raymond: Well, stop writing down what I asked for and try to figure out what I want.

& Raymond: Did Don sign off on this?
    Peggy: Don loves this work. Maybe Don doesn’t understand what you wanted either.
    Ken: Let’s not speak for Don.
    Raymond: I’m sorry. I’m not a word person like you people.
    Peggy: Sure, you are. And your words are always “I don’t like it.” And I think you’re right. We don’t understand you. Because you do like it. I think you just like fighting.

& Stan: I’ve got to admire you. That was a completely suicidal move. Women usually want to please.

& Peggy: Why didn’t you tell me you had a family? Your father’s nice.
    Michael: He’s not my real father. People don’t understand.
    Peggy: Are you adopted?
    Michael: Actually, I’m from Mars. ... It’s fine if you don’t believe me, but that’s where I’m from. I’m a full-blooded martian... Don’t worry. There’s no plot to take over Earth. We’re just displaced.

& Michael: I can tell you don’t believe me. That’s okay. We’re a big secret. They even tried to hide it from me. That man, my father, told me a story I was born in a concentration camp, but you know that’s impossible. And I never met my mother because she supposedly died there. That’s convenient. Next thing I know, Morris there finds me in a Swedish orphanage. I was five. I remember it.
    Peggy: That’s incredible.
    Michael: Yeah. And then I got this one communication. A simple order. Stay where you are.

& Jane: You’re not gonna say anything?
    Roger: What?! I said you look nice and I said I don’t want to do this.
    Jane: Well, what do you want to do? Go home, open your vest and yell at the TV for the next 20 years? Go ahead.

& Leary: It’s the study of the ways the things are true or false. Some things are possibly true. Some are necessarily true. Some used to be true. Some will be true. Some are true on this planet, but not necessarily others.
    — So there’s no good and bad because the truth is relative?
    Leary: Even if the truth is what you would call relative, good and bad are not relative. Your mistake is that you’re assuming that because something is true that it’s good.

& Leary: I say we postpone this conversation until after we turn on.
    Roger: ...Or after we turn in. Jane, honey, you ready?
    Jane: What do you think you’re doing?
    Roger: I took your college course. I say it’s time to hit the sack.
    Jane: No, we’re gonna do this.
    Roger: Do what?
    Jane: I told you, we’re going to take LSD with them. You were supposed to clear your schedule.
    Roger: LSD?! Really?


The Beach Boys — I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times

I keep looking for a place to fit in
where I can speak my mind
and I’ve been trying hard to find the people
that I won’t leave behind
they say I’ve got brains
but they ain’t doing me no good
I wish they could...

& Jane: Why are you laughing? Are you laughing at me? What’s wrong with me?
    Roger: It’s the World Series. 1919. The Black Sox.
    Jane: Were you there?
    Roger: No, but I’m there. Look at the cars... Model T, model T, model A, model T...

& Roger: What time is it?
    Jane: How could a few numbers contain all of time?

& Jane: Catherine is not my friend. She’s my doctor.
    Roger: I knew that, but I didn’t know it.
    Jane: Sometimes I think she knows me better than you do.
    Roger: Do I want to know?
    Jane: Probably not.

& Roger: I’m sorry I always say it, but you are so beautiful.

& Jane: Where are you going?
    Roger: Out the door and into the elevator, I suppose.
    Jane: What about me?
    Roger: You can take your time, obviously. I figured I’d just check into a hotel for a while. I don’t want to displace you.
    Jane: What are you talking about?
    Roger: I imagined all the screaming and fighting and lawyers... It’s just so beautiful how we were able to be there together in the truth like you wanted.

& Jane: Are you leaving me?
    Roger: No. We’re leaving each other just like you said.

& Roger: You said so many amazing things. You were speaking German.
    Jane: I don’t know German.
    Roger: You were quoting your father.
    Jane: It must have been Yiddish.

& Jane: It’s going to be very expensive.
    Roger: I know.

& Megan: What about Heinz?
    Don: What about it? It’ll be fine. {...}
    Megan: But we can go tomorrow.
    Don: Come on. Let’s go right now. We can do this.
    Megan: I don’t know.
    Don: I’m the boss. I’m ordering you. Come on.

& Don: Stop it! What’s wrong with you?
    Megan: I’m sorry. Maybe you could make up a little schedule so I’ll know when I’m working and when I’m your wife. It gets so confusing.

& Don: Get in the car.
    Megan: No, I am talking to you.
    Don: Okay, don’t get in the car.

& Megan: How could you do that to me?
    Don: I don’t know. It was a fight. It’s over.
    Megan: No. Every time we fight, it just diminishes* us a little bit.

--
diminish — уменьшать; ослаблять

On the Imdb

__ That was a tough day. And tough episode.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий