5 апр. 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x3

Tea Leaves

& Betty: I’ve put on a few pounds and I haven’t had much luck reducing on my own for some reason.
    Dr. Horton: Well, with middle-aged women, it gets easier to put it on and harder to take it off.

& Dr. Horton: Mrs. Francis, when a housewife has a rapid weight gain, the cause is usually psychological... Unhappiness, anxiety, boredom... Things that cause us to lose our self-control.

& Michael Ginsberg: Look, you’re a fair woman. I insulted you because I’m honest. And I apologized because I’m brave. I didn’t pick this profession. It picked me. I didn’t have any control over it. Turns out, it’s the only thing I can do.
    Peggy: Your work’s very impressive, but...
    Michael: Here’s some other advantages... I have no hobbies, no interests, no friends. I’m one of those people who talks back to the radio. No girlfriend, no family. I will live here.
    Peggy: Then you’re like everyone else.

& Peggy: You know, your book really does have a voice.
    Michael: That’s what they said about “Mein Kampf:” “The kid really has a voice.”

& Peggy: Why would you do that?
    Roger: I wanted to smooth the ground about working with a Jew. Turns out, everybody’s got one now. Tell you the truth, it makes the agency more modern.


& Jo: You really think you’re gonna get the Rolling Stones to do a TV ad?
    Don: They did one for cereal in England.
    Jo: It must have been a long time ago.
    Don: It was three years ago. When you were probably, what, 11?

& Hurry: You want the last one?
    Don: There were 20. I thought you were getting it for your family.
    Hurry: You know what? Let them get their own. You bring home a bag of food and they go at it, and there’s nothing left for you. Eat first. That’s my recommendation to people who say they’re getting married and having kids... Eat first.

& Michael: Ahem, I’m sorry. My stomach grumbles sometimes and it can sound like the F-word.

& Michael: So I’m not getting the job?
    Peggy: No, you start tomorrow.
    Michael: I would like to pick you up and spin you around right now, but I don’t want people to think that’s how I got the job.

& Michael: Come on, be proud of me! I need it. Nobody in the world cares I got the job but you.
    Peggy: ... Then I’m happy.

& Roger: When is everything gonna get back to normal?

& Betty: Who was it?
    Henry: Nobody.

16 Going On 17- Rolf and Liesl

You wait little girl on an empty stage
For fate to turn the light on
Your life little girl is an empty page
that men will want to write on
To write on
You are 16 going on 17, baby its time to think
Better beware, be canny and careful
Baby you’re on the brink

--
On the Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий