18 апр. 2012 г.

Game of Thrones 2x3

What Is Dead May Never Die

& Maester Aemon: I was young. And what boy doesn’t secretly wish for hidden powers to lift him out of his dull life into a special one?

& Maester Aemon: Maybe magic once was a mighty force in the world. But not anymore. The Dragons are gone. The Giants are dead. And the Children of the Forest forgotten.

& — Your Grace, I have the honor to bring you Lady Catelyn Stark, sent as an envoy by her son Robb, Lord of Winterfell.
    Catelyn: Lord of Winterfell and King in the North.

& Loras: If Robb Stark wants a pact with us, he should come himself, not hide behind his mother’s skirts.
    Catelyn: My son is fighting a war, not playing at one.

& Catelyn: It’s a game to you, isn’t it? I pity them.
    Renly: Why?
    Catelyn: Because it won’t last. Because they are the Knights of summer and winter is coming.

& Brienne of Tarth: I fought for my King. Soon I’ll fight for him on the battlefield. Die for him if I must. And, if it please you, Brienne’s enough. I’m no lady.

& Balon: What are our words?
    Theon: Our words?.. “We do not sow*.”
    Balon: “We do not sow.” We are Ironborn. We’re not subjects. We’re not slaves. We do not plow the fields or toil in the mine. We take what is ours.

& Tyrion: My sister wants to hurt me. She’ll look for any weakness she can find. She can’t know about you.
    Shae: I’m the weakness?
    Tyrion: It’s a compliment, My Lady.
    Shae: How is being a weakness a compliment?
    Tyrion: Language can be a bit tricky here...


& Tommen: Is Joffrey going to kill Sansa’s brother?
    Cersei: He might. Would you like that?
    Tommen: No. I don’t think so.
    Cersei: Even if he does, Sansa will do her duty. Won’t you, little dove?

& Sansa: Who are you?
    Shae: I’m Shae, My Lady. Your new handmaiden.
    Sansa: I didn’t know I needed a new handmaiden. ... What are you doing?
    Shae: Waiting for you to tell me what to do. I shouldn’t have to tell you to do things.
    Sansa: You should just do them.
    Shae: What things?
    Sansa: ... Change my linens, wash my clothing, scrub the floor, empty my chamber pot, brush my hair!

& Tyrion: ...But remember, the queen mustn’t know. ...
    Varys: Ooh, “the queen mustn’t know.” I love conversations that begin this way.

& Baelish: Yes, I could sing this song to Lysa, if I cared to... What’s in it for me?
    Tyrion: The gratitude of the people of Westeros for helping to end this war... the adoration of the King for bringing the Vale back into the fold... and Harrenhal.

& Tyrion: Oh, and remember...
    Baelish: ...the queen mustn’t know.

& Loras: You didn’t win my father’s support or his army on charm alone. Your vassals are starting to snigger behind your back. Brides aren’t usually virgins two weeks after their wedding night.
    Renly: And Margaery’s a virgin?
    Loras: Officially. Shall I bring her to you?

& Renly: I’m sorry.
    Margaery of House Tyrell: Do you want my brother to come in and help?
    Renly: What?!
    Margaery: He could get you started. I know he wouldn’t mind. Or I can turn over and you can pretend I’m him.

& Renly: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
    Margaery: There’s no need for us to play games. Save your lies for court. You’re going to need a lot of them. Your enemies aren’t happy about us. They want to tear us apart. And the best way to stop them is to put your baby in my belly.

& Tyrion: My brother Jaime rots in a Northern stockade. I would see him released. That’s where you come in.
    Baelish: Robb Stark will never release the Kingslayer.
    Tyrion: No, he won’t. But his mother might. How would you like to see your beloved Cat again?

& Tyrion: Cut off his manhood and feed it to the goats.
    Grand Maester Pycelle: No, no, no!
    — There are no goats, halfman.
    Tyrion: Well, make do.

& Varys: Power is a curious thing, My Lord. Are you fond of riddles?
    Tyrion: Why, am I about to hear one?
    Varys: Three great men sit in a room. A king, a priest and a rich man. Between them stands a common Sellsword. Each great man bids the Sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies?
    Tyrion: Depends on the Sellsword.
    Varys: Does it? He has neither crown nor gold nor favor with the Gods.
    Tyrion: He has a sword, the power of life and death.
    Varys: But if it’s swordsmen who rule, why do we pretend Kings hold all the power?.. When Ned Stark lost his head, who was truly responsible? Joffrey? The executioner? Or something else?
    Tyrion: I’ve decided I don’t like riddles.
    Varys: Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick... a shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

& Sansa: I can’t sleep. ... I don’t like the taste.
    — Well... You don’t drink it for the flavor, to be honest.

& Sansa: How do you sleep when you... when you have those things in your head?

& — I always hated crossbows. Take too long to load.

--
sow — свинья; сеять

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий