16 апр. 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x5

Signal 30

& Rebecca: You love football!
    Lane Pryce: No, that’s my father. And I hate this business of bringing England over in pieces. It’s strictly for the homesick.
    Rebecca: But it’s filled with immigrants like us!

& Lane: How lovely your face becomes when you tell me you need something.
    Rebecca: I’d be happy if you’d just pretend to have a good time.
    Lane: Then pretend I shall.

& Rebecca: I don’t find Britain any more moral than here nowadays. The boys look like girls and the girls, they don’t seem to be concerned with manners, do they?

& Lane: I don’t know if you’re aware, but England won the World Cup.
    Roger: Cup of what?

& Roger: Look, most people will tell you it’s hard to make a mistake. I mean, you just lie. But that won’t get you anywhere... The beauty of this dinner is that if you do it right, you can actually have him tell you all the answers. ...
    Lane: There’ll be plenty of drinks.
    Roger: Not for you. You order a scotch, rocks and water. You drink half of it till it turns see-through. You get another.
    Lane: Very good.
    Roger: And then, well, then it’s kind of like being on a date.


& Roger: Somewhere in the middle of the entree, they’ll throw out something revealing. And you want to wait till dessert to pounce on it. You know, let them know you’ve got the same problem he has, whatever it is. And then you’re in a conspiracy. The basis of a “friendship.” Then you whip out the form.
    Lane: What if I don’t have the same problem?
    Roger: It’ll probably just be something like he drinks too much, he gambles...
    Lane: And if, for some reason, he’s more reserved?
    Roger: Just reverse it. Feed him your own personal morsel.

& Roger: Get your answers, be nice to the waiter, and don’t let him near the check.
    Lane: Thank you very much.
    Roger: Oh, and find out everything you can about him before you get there.

& Trudy: We’re building the whole party around you.
    Don: You see, I’m afraid we’re not free.
    Trudy: Don, do you want to go down your list of excuses and I’ll combat each one individually? Or should we just skip to the end? If you can’t make it Saturday, I will reschedule. It’s going to happen. And I promise you’ll have a good time.
    Don: It’s too bad your husband can’t close a deal like this.
    Trudy: We both know he’s doing just fine.

& Daphne: Why don’t you have a license yet?
    Pete: I grew up in Manhattan. Just wasn’t necessary.

& Don: I’m gonna close my eyes. And when I open them I want to see skyscrapers.

& Pete: It was Edwin’s idea.
    Lane: Impossible. He would never.
    Pete: He didn’t ask you because he thinks you’re a homo.
    Lane: I can’t believe the hours I’ve put into helping you become the monster you’ve become.

& Lane: It was my account!
    Pete: Your account? You have no idea what you’re doing. In fact, as far as I can tell, our need for you disappeared the day after you fired us.
    Cooper: Mr. Campbell.

& Lane: What do I do here? I mean, truly?
    Joan: Something essential. You could do it. If they’ve tried to make you feel you’re different than them, you are. That’s a good way to be.

& Pete: Why were we even having a fight at work? This is an office. We’re supposed to be friends... I have nothing, Don.

--
On the Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий