11 апр. 2012 г.

The Adventures of Tintin

& — If you want to buy it, you’ll have to talk to the kid.
    Sakharine: I see. Well, let the “kid” name his price.
    — “Name his price”?! Ten years I’ve been flogging bric-a-brac and I miss “name your price” by one bleedin’ minute!

& Tintin: Interpol doesn’t have any other leads?
    Thomson: Steady on, Tintin. We’re still filling out the paperwork. Police work’s not all glamour and guns. There’s an awful lot of filing.

& Thomson: Go on, Tintin, take my wallet... Yes, industrial strength elastic.
    Thompson: Very resourceful.
    Thomson: On the contrary. It was childishly simple.
    Thompson: Simply childish, I agree.

& Captain Haddock: He’s turned the whole crew against me!
    Tintin: Who?
    Haddock: A sour-faced man with a sugary name.
    Tintin: Sakharine!

& Haddock: The secret of that ship is known only to my family! It’s been passed down from generation to generation. My granddaddy himself, with his dying breath, told me the tale.
    Tintin: And?..
    Haddock: Gone.
    Tintin: What do you mean, gone?
    Haddock: I was so upset when he kicked the bucket, I had no choice but to drown my sorrows. When I woke up in the morning, it was gone! I’d forgotten it all.
    Tintin: Everything?
    Haddock: Every last word.

& Haddock: You’re a brave lad, Tintin. My heart was in my mouth, I don’t mind telling you. Well, that is, if it was my heart. Judging by my stomach, it could’ve been anything, really.

& Haddock: I don’t remember anything about anything.
    Tintin: But you must know about your ancestors, Sir Francis. It’s your family legacy!
    Haddock: My memory is not what it used to be.
    Tintin: Well, what did it used to be?
    Haddock: I’ve forgotten.


& Silk: What do you mean, “pickpocket”?
    Thomson: A master criminal.
    Thompson: A bag-snatching, purse-pilfering, wallet-lifting sneak thief!
    Silk: I’m not a bad person. I’m a kleptomaniac.
    Thomson: A what?
    Thompson: It’s a fear of open spaces.
    Thomson: Poor man. No wonder he keeps his wallets in the living room.

& Haddock: You do know what you’re doing, eh, Tintin?
    Tintin: More or less.
    Haddock: Well, which is it? More or less?
    Tintin: Relax. I interviewed a pilot once.

& Tintin: Captain, calm down. There are worse things than sobering up.

& Tintin: Bad news, Captain. We’ve only got one bullet.
    Haddock: And what’s the good news?
    Tintin: We’ve got one bullet.

& Tintin: We’ll never see him again. It’s over.
    Haddock: I thought you were an optimist.
    Tintin: Well, you were wrong, weren’t you? I’m a realist.
    Haddock: That’s just another name for a quitter.
    Tintin: You can call me what you like. Don’t you get it? We failed.
    Haddock: “Failed.” There are plenty of others willing to call you a failure. A fool. A loser. A hopeless souse!
    Tintin: Don’t you ever say it of yourself.
    Haddock: You send out the wrong signal. That is what people pick up. Do you understand? You care about something, you fight for it. You hit a wall, you push through it. There’s something you need to know about failure, Tintin. You can never let it defeat you.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Impressive animation.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий