23 апр. 2012 г.

Game of Thrones 2x4

Garden of Bones

& Robb: We’re not executing prisoners, Lord Bolton.
    Bolton: Of course, Your Grace... The officers will be useful. Some of them may be privy to Tywin Lannister’s plans.
    Robb: I doubt it.
    Bolton: Well, we’ll learn soon enough. In my family we say, “A naked man has few secrets. A flayed* man none.”

& Talisa: You’re going to kill Joffrey?
    Robb: If the Gods give me strength.
    Talisa: And then what?
    Robb: I don’t know. We’ll go back to Winterfell. I have no desire to sit on the Iron Throne.
    Talisa: So who will?
    Robb: I don’t know.
    Talisa: You’re fighting to overthrow a king, and yet you have no plan for what comes after?
    Robb: First we have to win the war.

& Joffrey: You can’t talk to me like that. The king can do as he likes!
    Tyrion: The Mad King did as he liked. Has your Uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?
    Meryn: No one threatens his Grace in the presence of the Kingsguard!
    Tyrion: I’m not threatening the King, Ser. I am educating my nephew. Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?

& Bronn: The little king’s backed up. Clogged from balls to brains.
    Tyrion: You think dipping his wick will cure what ails him?
    Bronn: There’s no cure for being a cunt. But the boy’s at that age... And he’s got nothing to do all day but pick wings off flies. Couldn’t hurt to get some of the poison out.

& Joffrey: I said harder.

& - Your Grace, if your uncle finds out...
    Joffrey: Oh, I want him to find out. You will bring her to his chambers when you’re finished and show him what you’ve done... Or the same thing will happen to you.

& Margaery: I am not tutored in warfare, but basic arithmetic favors the side with the greater numbers.
    Baelish: If war were arithmetic, the mathematicians would rule the world.


& Baelish: I did notice your brother entering his Grace’s tent the just now.
    Margaery: The place of a Kingsguard is by the King’s side.
    Baelish: And on the night of the your wedding, who was by the King’s side then?
    Margaery: You seem quite interested in our marriage.
    Baelish: Your marriage is quite interesting...

& Margaery: Allow me to explain. My husband is my King, and my King is my husband.

& Hot Pie: What kind of fire melts stone?
    Arya: Dragon fire. {...}
    Hot Pie: What’s that smell?
    Arya: Dead people.

& Arya: Joffrey. Cersei. Ilyn Payne. The Hound. Joffrey. Cersei.....

& Arya: Joffrey. Cersei. Ilyn Payne. The Hound.
    — Please, Polliver! Some food. Just a crust of bread... Oh!
    Arya: Polliver. The Mountain......

& Stannis: The Iron Throne is mine by right. All those that deny that are my foes.
    Renly: The whole realm denies it, from Dorne to the Wall. Old men deny it with their death rattle and unborn children deny it in their mother’s wombs. No one wants you for their King. You never wanted any friends, brother. But a man without friends is a man without power.
    Stannis: I will give you this one night to reconsider. Strike your banners, come to me before dawn, and I will grant you your old seat in the council. I’ll even name you my heir... until a son is born to me. Otherwise I shall destroy you.

& Melisandre: Look to your sins, Lord Renly. The night is dark and full of terrors.

& Xaro Xhoan Daxos: Welcome to Qarth, My Lady.

& Tyrion: I’ll give her Pycelle.
    — You will?
    Tyrion: Yes, I’ll release him in the morning. Cersei can keep him as a pet if she wants, but I will not have him on the council. I could swear that I had not harmed a single hair on his head, but that would not... strictly speaking, be true.

& Stannis: Do your knucklebones bring you luck?
    Davos: Well, life’s been good since you hacked them off, Your Grace. And it’s four less fingernails to clean.
    Stannis: Fewer.
    Davos: Pardon?
    Stannis: Four fewer fingernails to clean. Never understood why you had to wear them.
    Davos: It reminds me of where I come from and where I am now. It reminds me of your justice.

& Davos: I am true to Your Grace and always will be, but surely there are other ways, cleaner ways.
    Stannis: Cleaner ways don’t win wars.

& Davos: Strange that this Lord of Light asks you to work in the shadows.
    Melisandre: Shadows cannot live in the dark, Ser Davos. They are servants of light, the children of fire. And the brighter the flame, the darker they are.

& Davos: Gods protect us.
    Melisandre: There’s only one God, Ser Davos, and he only protects those who serve him.

--
flayed — содрали кожу

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий