19 апр. 2012 г.

Machine Gun Preacher

& Donnie: Hey, your old lady ain’t at the Bunny Hop any more. What’s going on?
    Sam Childers: Bitch found Jesus.
    Donnie: No way. Better him than the milkman, right?
    Sam: Not so sure about that.

& Donnie: I heard you found Jesus.
    Sam: Yeah, a little bit.

& Deng: Are you military?
    Sam: Hell, no. I just like my guns.

& Sam: God is looking out for each and every one of you, too. And all you gotta do is just open the door, and let Him right on in.

& Sam: Offering money for my head?
    Deng: Yes.
    Sam: I must be doing something right.


& John Garang: There are peace talks scheduled for the end of August in Russia. I would like you to come as my guest.
    Sam: You know, talking about peace in a room somewhere is a waste of time, if you ask me.

& Donnie: Hey, Sam, can I ask you a question?
    Sam: Yeah.
    Donnie: You really think... God’s gonna forgive us for everything we done?

& Agnete: This place does not need more guns, Mr Childers.
    Sam: Just trying to help these people. Same as you.
    Agnete: Don’t delude yourself. You’re a mercenary... not a humanitarian.
    Sam: I got 200 kids that’re gonna sleep safe tonight! Right or wrong, that’s all the reason I need.
    Agnete: That’s how it always starts... With people thinking that they’re killing for the right reasons.
    Sam: Why don’t you fight the evil in this place your way, and let me fight it mine?
    Agnete: They say you’re doing good, that you have special powers. You’re protected by angels and can’t be killed by bullets. They said the same thing about Kony in the beginning, too.

& Sam: Wake up! Shut up! You call yourselves the children of God? Well, you ain’t. No, y’all just sheep following Him. Deaf, dumb and blind. But God don’t want sheep! He wants wolves to fight his fight! Men and women with teeth to tear at the evil that is out there! The Lord’s prophets are not men in fancy clothes. They’re warrior prophets! They’re men of conviction, who ain’t afraid to pick up a sword and use it! Why not? Soldiers willing to fight against His enemies, wherever they may be! Soldiers willing to fight till their last breath. Hallelujah! Wake up!

& — If we allow ourselves to be full of hate... then they’ve won. We must not let them take our hearts.

& Sam Childs: For me to sit here and give all kinds of excuses to make it right, I can’t do. But what I wanna ask everyone out there, everyone that has a child, everyone that has a brother or a sister, if your child or your family member was abducted today, if a... if a madman came in, a terrorist came in, abducted your family member, or your child, and if I said to you, “I can bring your child home,” does it matter how bring him home?

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Sam Childs himself in the end is the most powerful scene in all the movie.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий