18 дек. 2021 г.

The Yips and an Oddly Hypnotic Bohemian

Young Sheldon 5×9


Missy: What am I doing wrong?
Dale: Just a little case of the yips. It happens.
Missy: What's that?
Dale: The yips... you know, it's when you're thinking about stuff in your head and something you've done a million times, you can't do it anymore. Even the pros get it.
Missy: How do I get rid of it?
Dale: Uh, just don't think about it.
Missy: Okay.

Dale: I hate the little people.

Adult Sheldon: Of all the tests one takes in school, my favorite was the midterm. Finals weren't bad, but they also meant summer was approaching. I don't believe in religion, but sunshine, picnics and pool parties are proof hell exists.

Brenda: Well, Billy ain't the sharpest pencil in the box, but he's the sweetest kid I know.
George: Well, Sheldon is the sharpest pencil. Sometimes I'd just like to shove his head in that box.

George: You know, that sort of thing happens in sports, too.
Sheldon: I know. It's called the yips, and it's a very silly name for a very serious problem.
George: Well, you know, the best thing to do is get out of your head.
Sheldon: How do I do that?
George: Just turn your brain off.
Sheldon: It's like I'm not even your son.

George: Have you ever heard the Nike slogan "Just do it"?
Sheldon: I'm familiar with the phrase "let's do it," uttered by Gary Gilmore, the last person to be executed by firing squad in America.

Georgie: This is tough. I'm good at not thinking, but I don't think I can teach you how to not think without thinking.

Adult Sheldon: The next day, armed with the sage advice of my father, my brother, and an executed murderer, I was allowed to retake the test...
Sheldon: Okay, just do it. Just do it. Just turn your brain off and do it. Is it off? Am I doing it? Wait, if I'm thinking it's off, then it must still be on. I'm trying too hard. Don't overthink, just do it. Just do it, just...
Dr. Linkletter: Time's up.
Sheldon: But I didn't do it!

Brenda: It's just frozen lasagna. But I'm going oven instead of microwave, 'cause you're company.

George: I was being nice.
Brenda: So was I.
George: Yeah, maybe a little too nice.
Brenda: There is no pleasing you.

Adult Sheldon: Trying to outsmart my own thought patterns proved to be challenging. It's understandable, as smart as I was, I was also that smart.

Sheldon: Who's this bohemian?

Principal Peterson: Sometimes I look at the janitor pushing around that buffing machine. That thing looks like a blast. He doesn't wear a tie. No fights with the school board. Vomit and feces aside, he's, he's living the dream.

Missy: I didn't know Richard Simmons can paint.
Sheldon: His name's Bob Ross. And he's oddly hypnotic.

Dale: I am the leader of the little people.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack
+ Vanity Card # 689

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий