21 дек. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 5×6

John Bates: I found a book by Marie Stopes and a box containing a cunning piece of equipment to ensure there would be no Baby Bates.

Mrs. Patmore: He's very kind, you know. We should always be polite to people who are kind. There's not much of it about.

Dr. Clarkson: Remember - harsh reality is always better than false hope.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Very well. If you can honestly say you have never let a flirtation get out of hand since we married, if you have never given a woman the wrong impression, then by all means stay away. Otherwise, I expect you back in my room tonight.

Lady Mary Crawley: Granny, what do you think?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh. It is you. I thought it was a man wearing your clothes.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: It suits you.
Lady Mary Crawley: Papa, do you agree?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: It's certainly just the sort of thing I would expect of you.

Isobel Crawley: I think she's splendid.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I think she's cracked.
Isobel Crawley: It's good to do some crazy things when you're young.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: As long as you survive them.
Isobel Crawley: Some do crazy things all their lives.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Hmph.

Isobel Crawley: He seems a nice boy, and it's not like the Catholics, is it? She won't be expected to convert.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Con... Convert to what?
Isobel Crawley: Judaism. I read in an article, Lord Sinderby is a leading figure in the Jewish community.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: There's always something, isn't there?

Mr. Carson: Mrs Hughes, may I make a suggestion that I think you'll find a strange one, but I ask that you consider, none the less.
Mrs. Hughes: Heavens. I'm all agog.
Mr. Carson: Do you think that we should... um... invest in a property together?
Mrs. Hughes: What on earth do you mean?
Mr. Carson: I was thinking, if Mrs Patmore can do it, then we might buy somewhere jointly, as a business venture, mind, spruce it up and share the rental income. We'd have a tidy sum by the time we retired.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий