23 дек. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 5×7

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: You see, as a mother, it is her right.
Lady Rosamund Painswick: But you don't plan to tell Robert? He is Edith's father.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: He's a man. Men don't have rights.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Maybe we should take some air. I think we might emulate the others and let Cora show us the garden.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I'm not sure what good that'll do.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: When I say we need some air, we need some air. Cora...

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: I'm sorry, Mama. You go ahead without me.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I can take you for a walk if you like.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Why would I want to walk?

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: My dear, a lack of compassion can be as vulgar as an excess of tears.

Isobel Crawley: How are you, Spratt? Well, I hope.
Spratt: Everyone has their troubles, M'Lady.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh, dear. Spratt has been helping to train my new maid. Denker.
Spratt: I'd say she takes after the dachshund, M'Lady.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: In what way?
Spratt: She's QUITE untrainable.

Lady Mary Crawley: You needn't pretend. Your positions have changed - you the widow in the Dower House, Isobel a great lady presiding over a great house. But you simply have to be bigger than that.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Is that what you think of me? That I care about her change of rank?
Lady Mary Crawley: Well, you're not exactly pleased, are you?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: No. But that is not the reason. ... If you must know... I have got used to having a companion. A friend. You know, someone to talk things over with.
Lady Mary Crawley: Well, you'll still have us.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: You have your own lives. And so you should. But Isobel and I had a lot in common. And... I shall miss her.
Lady Mary Crawley: Granny, you're quite dewy-eyed. I never think of you as sentimental.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Nor am I.

Larry Grey: I know the choice of in-laws is eccentric. In this family, you already boast a chauffeur and soon you can claim a Jew--
Tom Branson: Why don't you just get out, you bastard?!
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: And suddenly we've slipped into a foreign tongue.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I do not endorse Tom's language but that is certainly how we all feel.

Mrs. Patmore: He actually called him that?
Joseph Molesley: He did. Right to his face.
Mr. Carson: Mr Moseley, please.
Mrs. Patmore: I think he was right to say it.
Mr. Carson: He may have been right but I will not have bad language in front of the maids.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий