30 дек. 2021 г.

Battle of the Sexes (2017)

Jack Kramer: It's not your fault, it's just... biology.

Gladys Heldman: Cigarettes? Ladies and gentle-ladies, may I present to you the Virginia Slims Championships. A Gladys Heldman/Philip Morris co-production. Smoking your guts out across the United States of America... in exchange for twelve months funding... and prize money of... drum roll, please... $7,000.

Gladys Heldman: You do the tennis, I'll do the smoking.

Bobby Riggs: You and me, Billie Jean. Three sets, five sets... Your choice.
Billie Jean King: Are you drunk, Bobby?
Bobby Riggs: No, of course not! How about this: "Man vs. Woman." "Male Chauvinist Pig vs. Hairy-Legged Feminist". No offense. You're still a feminist, right?
Billie Jean King: No, I'm a tennis player who happens to be a woman.
Bobby Riggs: That's right. That's exactly who you are. And I am a tennis player who happens to be a man... who says that he can beat any woman on the planet. Think of the publicity that we get. Think of the money.

Bobby Riggs: My name is Bobby and I am an addict... At least that's what Priscilla says. She's gonna leave me unless I quit gambling. Puzzles me, though, that word: "Gambling." Whenever Priscilla gets a car out of the garage, she's gambling big time. Never checks the mirror. Sticks it in reverse. Puts her foot down, right out onto the highway. Jeez Louise, that's gambling!

Bobby Riggs: My point is this: Life's a gamble, right? That's the thrill of it!

Bobby Riggs: You know, you folks aren't here because you're gamblers. You are here because you are terrible gamblers.

Bobby Riggs: Why should we give up the one thing in life that we really love? These folks don't need to stop what they're doing, they just need to get better at it... Who's dealing? Who's in?

Jack Kramer: Well, as I said... it's not that women can't play tennis, it's just that they can't deal with the pressure.
     Perhaps this will finally put a stop to women players demanding the same prize money as men. As we've seen today, they're simply... not in the same league. Let's face it, in business, politics, sports, you name it... whatever they like to think, at the very top it's a man's game.

Bobby Riggs: Now, don't get me wrong, I love women... In the bedroom and in the kitchen. But these days, they want to be everywhere! They want to be doing everything! Where is it gonna end? Pretty soon us fellas won't be able to go to a ballgame, we won't be able to go fishing. We won't be able to stop and have a drink after work. And that's what this whole women's lib thing is about. And it's got to stop.

Bobby Riggs: I'm gonna put the "show" back in "chauvinism."

Jack Kramer: You know the difference between a good player and a great? The great players never let emotion get in the way. It messes with their game.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий