19 дек. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 5×4

Isobel Crawley: You mustn't give up hope.
Prince Kuragin: When you go through a storm like ours, you give up hope quite early on in the proceedings.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I agree. Hope is a tease, designed to prevent us accepting reality.
Isobel Crawley: Oh, you only say that to sound clever.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I know. You should try it.

Isobel Crawley: I presume you and Prince Kuragin were once... attracted to each other.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: 'Attracted to each other'? Is that what you call it? As it happens, he asked me to run away with him.
Isobel Crawley: But you didn't go.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: No, Lord Grantham gave me a frame by Faberge, with two pictures of the children in it, and I saw sense.
Isobel Crawley: Lord Grantham sounds rather more subtle than I'd realised.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, like all Englishmen of his type, he hid his qualities beneath a thick blanket of convention, so I didn't see who he really was at first.
Isobel Crawley: It was lucky you found out in time.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: If it was in time...

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I never take sides in a broken marriage.
Isobel Crawley: Why is that?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Because, however much the couple may strive to be honest, no-one is ever in possession of the facts.

Joseph Molesley: Well, it's not like the old days, is it? I mean, the duties of the First Footman are shared between a lot of people now, aren't they?
Mr. Carson: Are they?
Joseph Molesley: Well, they should be... because I've got the duties of the Second and Third Footman to deal with.
Mr. Carson: So, you don't feel you need the precedence that the title 'First Footman' confers? Joseph Molesley: Er... well, not really, no.
Mr. Carson: Very well. I'll see what I can do.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий