16 дек. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 5×3

Lord Anthony Gillingham: Does it matter if we get found out? We're gonna be down the aisle before you can say, "Jack Robinson."
Lady Mary Crawley: No. And yes, it does matter. I've been tarnished once and I won't be tarnished again. Nothing is going to happen that isn't properly announced organised and executed.

Isobel Crawley: It seems unlikely to think of Spratt with a private life.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Hm. Yes. Unlikely and extremely inconvenient.
Isobel Crawley: But you can't begrudge him that. Servants are human beings too.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Yes. But preferably only on their days off.

Lady Mary Crawley: Obviously, it's very shocking to someone of your generation.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Don't let us hide behind the changing times, my dear. This is shocking to most people in 1924.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Can we be confident that there will be no unwanted epilogue?
Lady Mary Crawley: You can be quite sure.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, I must say that makes a nice...
Lady Mary Crawley: A nice what?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: A nice kettle of fish.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Is there any chance of a proposal?
Lady Mary Crawley: Every chance. He already has. He wants to set the date.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh. Oh, I see. Well, I'm not saying I approve because I don't. But it does put things in rather a different light.
Lady Mary Crawley: Yes.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: When will you announce it?
Lady Mary Crawley: I'm not sure. We haven't decided.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Then you'd better get on with it. If I was seduced by a man, I would not let any grass grow under his feet if he'd offered to do the decent thing.
Lady Mary Crawley: I wasn't seduced, Granny.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: A young woman of good family who finds herself in the bed of a man who is not her husband has invariably been seduced. She couldn't have gone to bed with him of her own free will? NOT if she was the daughter of an Earl.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: An unlucky friend is tiresome enough. An unlucky acquaintance is intolerable.
Isobel Crawley: You're all heart!

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Cora, I was cross. I had travelled the length of England to spend the evening with you and you had gone out. Aren't I allowed to be cross?
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Cross but not unjust.

Lady Mary Crawley: What were you doing in Russia?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Lord Grantham was in the household of Prince Alfred. And we went to St Petersburg for their wedding.
Lady Rose MacClare: I suppose it was very splendid.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh, you've no idea. Receptions and balls. Glittering parades. Rides in a horse-drawn sleigh. Flying across the snow at midnight.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: We were at a ball. In the Winter Palace. And it was so... Oh, it was so hot. There were icicles hanging outside the window. But the rooms were as hot as the tropics. I was wearing pale blue velvet. Trimmed with silver lace...

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Stop giving me such knowing looks. I met the prince when I was travelling with your grandfather. Nothing could be more respectable.
Lady Mary Crawley: Whatever you say.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Away with your impertinent conclusions!
Lady Mary Crawley: My only conclusion is this - I know you understand my predicament far better than you let on.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий