22 нояб. 2019 г.

Trail of the Pink Panther (1982)


Dreyfus: The thought of a world without Clouseau fills me with delight, like a summer with a thousand Julys. It intoxicates my soul with...
Dr. Longet: Your eyes.
Dreyfus: What?
Dr. Longet: "Intoxicates my soul with your eyes." You lapsed into the lyrics of You Go to My Head.
Dreyfus: I did? I apologize.
Dr. Longet: Never apologize for Cole Porter.

Dreyfus: .... What are you thinking, Doctor?
Dr. Longet: It wasn't Cole Porter. It was Gillespie and Coots.

Deputy Commissioner Lasorde: Read this most carefully. Give me your opinion.
Clouseau: I will read my opinion and give you yours most carefully.

Clouseau: ♪ I'm dancing in the rice ♪
     ♪ Just dancing in the rice ♪
     ♪ What a wonderful feeling ♪
     ♪ I'm... happy in the rice ♪
     ♪ Always happy... ♪


Francois: Shall I tell him?
Dreyfus: Don't bother. He would just say, "I know that."

Dreyfus: Trying to talk sense to Clouseau is like Einstein trying to explain relativity to a "minkey."

Clouseau: Do you have for me the message?
Hotel Clerk: You want a massage?
Clouseau: If you have one for me, yes.
Hotel Clerk: Why don't you try Tokyo Lil at the end of the block? Ask for Passionflower Shirley, the Yokohama Butterfly.
Clouseau: Why should I do that?
Hotel Clerk: You want a massage, don't you?
Clouseau: Yes, but I want it from you.
Hotel Clerk: Sir, I don't give massages.
Clouseau: You gave me one this morning.
Hotel Clerk: You're mistaken.
Clouseau: Don't you try the tricks Anglais with me, monsieur. I received a message this morning from Inspector Quinlan of the Yard of Scotland.
Hotel Clerk: The message!
Clouseau: You gave it to me!
Hotel Clerk: Message. You mean "message."
Clouseau: I know what I mean, you lunatic. Do you or do you not have for me the message?
Hotel Clerk: No, sir. For you there is no message.


Dreyfus: But is he gone? Is he really? I've got this ghastly feeling that next week or tomorrow, I'll open the trunk of my car or my closet, and... "Peekaboo!"

Dreyfus: I suppose we occasionally had our... little disagreements, but when you work with somebody for 20 years, you can't always be expected to see... to see eye to eye.

Hercule: He was the most successful man on the force. Everything I thought made up a proper investigation... he did the opposite.

Clouseau: Facts, Hercule. Facts. Nothing matters but the facts. Without them, the science of criminal investigation is nothing more than a guessing game. Listen to me and you will learn something. The facts in this case are...

Marie Jouvet: ...Yet Clouseau was proved right. Maria Gambrelli was innocent.
Hercule: Clouseau was always proved right at the end of the case, but on the way, even he made a few miscalculations...

Hercule: I admired his successes, but his methods... they made a mockery of everything I knew of police work.

Marie Jouvet: Now with your boss gone, no more sneak attacks. You must be very relieved.
Cato Fong: Not entirely. Sometimes when you do something long enough, you miss it, even if it was painful.

Marie Jouvet: Do you think he's dead?
Simone: I hope not.
Marie Jouvet: What do you think, Sir Charles?
Sir Charles: No. Men like Clouseau never die. They're indestructible. That's the way it should be.
Marie Jouvet: Why?
Sir Charles: We need them. They help us preserve our sense of humor. They're living proof that however bad things get, if you persevere, you survive and sometimes even win.

Sir Charles: He was a fool, but he epitomized the 11th commandment.
Marie Jouvet: The 11th commandment?
Sir Charles: Thou shalt not give up.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий