21 нояб. 2019 г.

Mommy Deadest

Mr. Mercedes 3x8


Lou Linklatter: It could be said that Brady helped secure my freedom just as much as you did.
Holly Gibney: That's not fair...
Lou Linklatter: It shouldn't be said.

Lou Linklatter: Look, there's advantages and drawbacks to Brady being in my head. The key is to know which one is which... I know!

Holly Gibney: Well, lots of people hear voices, okay? As much as 20% of the population, and that doesn't necessarily mean mental illness.
Bill Hodges: For the ones who heard Brady, it did.

Peter Saubers: Sanctuary laws, right? Where police can't enter. Isn't that kind of a law?
Roland Finkelstein: Oh, not really. The government is free to go after the church, it just chooses not to.

Roland Finkelstein: Under Ohio law... anyone and everyone involved in the robbery, including those who were handling the stolen goods, is guilty of murder.
Peter Saubers: What?!
Roland Finkelstein: As guilty as if he pulled the trigger himself.
Peter Saubers: How can that be?
Roland Finkelstein: Because politicians get to draft penal codes, none of whom want to be viewed as being soft on crime. And home robberies, they get prosecutorial overkill because that's what terrifies everyone the most.

Bill Hodges: Does he have the manuscripts?
Roland Finkelstein: I can't reveal privileged information.
Bill Hodges: You could deny he's got them... He's got them.

Lou Linklatter: Well... that whole... "nobody's above the law" thing, that's kind of a myth, really. ... It's only the little people that can't be above the law. The big people... Nixon, he got pardoned. He was above the law. The banks that were "too big to fail." People in Ohio died because of them. They didn't go to jail.
Monica Porter: The banks didn't literally kill anyone.
Lou Linklatter: O.J. did, Teddy Kennedy did, George Zimmerman did... the guy that... This idea that nobody is above the law, not even the president of the United States... I mean, it's a joke. Clinton, Nixon, Andrew Jackson, they all broke laws. Even Bush... I mean, if you count starting a war under false pretenses so that your vice president can get a gazillion dollars in... in private defense contracts. People are still dying...


Lou Linklatter: If I was to speak for society at large... When the law doesn't work, when government officials are allowed to commit crimes, when the people that we trust to uphold the law are the same ones that are breaking it, there needs to be a revolution.
Ida Silver: Brother.

Alma Lane: We're living large, Morris. Nothing more you could ask out of life.

Roland Finkelstein: I never knew you were such a presidential historian.
Lou Linklatter: I'm not, actually. Brady is. Was. Was. He always used to say that... if you wanna take the pulse of America, just look who the president is.

Morris Bellamy: Things never go the way they're fucking planned, that's what the fuck happened! She fought like a fucking wolverine!

Alma Lane: See, you think you're having a shitty day, but you know what real shit is? It's having all your days blur into one another, not being able to distinguish one from the next. That's my idea of hell.

Alma Lane: Do you know who I like to go to in challenging times? Liza Minnelli. The things she endured... Nobody ever gives that dame enough credit, but I do. Do you know what she'd say to you right now?... She'd say, "Money."

Morris Bellamy: We will be making a plan for the book delivery, a plan that you will execute faithfully, or it's mommy deadest.

Holly Gibney: If I continue to see him, I might fall in love with him... and I'll lose control. ... And when you love people, you grow branches or limbs, and they are outside of your jurisdiction...

Holly Gibney: Being able to function in the outside world, I have to protect myself however I can, you know? I need... I need to be in control.
Bill Hodges: Well, I'm no expert on the outside world stuff, but... it seems to me... one of the main perks is getting to love people, being loved back.
Holly Gibney: Not everyone gets to have that.
Bill Hodges: Why can't you? Leap and the net will appear. Isn't that what Jerome told you? It's good advice.

Morris Bellamy: Nobody has to die here. We just want the books.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий