12 нояб. 2019 г.

Bad to Worse

Mr. Mercedes 3x6


Bill Hodges: He's not coming back, honey... He's not coming back.

Holly Gibney: "Glamour" magazine said that panic attacks, they're the young woman's new health crisis. I mean, 40 million Americans suffer from them, and young women are twice as likely, which makes me more normal than weird.

Jerome Robinson: Hey, you okay?
Bill Hodges: Oh, I don't know. I think I'm going from bad to worse.

Bill Hodges: ...you, you are like a son. So is Holly, you see. You're like my kids, really. Lousy kids, but still.
Jerome Robinson: Bill, what is this? You got cancer or something? Are you dying?
Bill Hodges: Not that I know of.

Bill Hodges: ... And this idea originated with Brady, right?
Roland Finkelstein: It came from Lou.
Bill Hodges: Who got it from Brady. We're taking directives from Brady. It's beyond fucked.

Bill Hodges: I mean, I don't know, just, when you consider this trial, is why we're here. Everything is six degrees from fucking Brady.

Holly Gibney: You know, I... I remember reading Shakespeare in high school. I liked the love stories, you know, not so much the tragedies, but... And in "Julius Caesar," there was this line right before they killed Caesar. I think it was Casca. He said... "Speak, hands, for me," right before. And I never really got that line, to be honest, but... at the arts gala, I got it.


Morris Bellamy: Let me start with don't shoot the messenger, okay? You know where that comes from, "don't shoot the messenger"? Shakespeare. Fuckin' guy wrote all the good stuff.

Lou Linklatter: He thinks that you're excellent, by the way.
Roland Finkelstein: I'm sorry?
Lou Linklatter: Brady, for the record, thinks that you're an excellent lawyer.

Holly Gibney: He plans to kiss me. I mean, for real this time.
Jerome Robinson: Well, you make it sound like a bad thing.

Jerome Robinson: It's... it's not like I'm an expert at kissing.
Holly Gibney: Yeah, I know, but you've done it.
Jerome Robinson: Yeah, yeah, I have.
Holly Gibney: And?
Jerome Robinson: And... it's... just two lips touching.
Holly Gibney: With tongue?

Jerome Robinson: You trust him?
Holly Gibney: I do.
Jerome Robinson: Well, then there's this saying. Take a leap, and the net shall appear... Trust me.

Morris Bellamy: You shot the messenger! Oh! You shot the fucking messenger!

Alma Lane: You know those big game hunters, huh? When they shoot their quarry, they fornicate right in the bullet hole. That's what manly men do. They don't see a bullet hole and cry. They see a bullet hole and wanna fuck.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий