10 нояб. 2019 г.

Storybook Love

This Is Us 4×5


Kate: Do you really think a fancy dinner is gonna make it less bizarre that Kevin got married five years after puberty? He doesn't even understand how a checking account works.

Rebecca: What's done is done. Now we just have to support them.

Nicky: You... have strangest relationships with people.
Kevin: Might be the nicest thing you ever said to me.

Rebecca: Hi.
Kate: Are you my present?

Rebecca: This is where we move forward. This is where we sit around a table with napkins and placemats and laugh and celebrate and eat Cornish game hens. And so help me, God, that is what we are gonna do: move forward. And it doesn't matter that I didn't have the right size pan and that the hens are all squished together and they're burnt on the top and raw on the bottom. ... So pull yourselves together,
pretend you like burnt raw food, get your whiny little asses back out in those seats, and enjoy my damn dinner!

Rebecca: Are we... are we unfixable? Maybe this loss is just... too big.

William: My mother would help me through it, though. She'd fill a glass with seltzer water and tell me the inside of my mind was like the bubbles bouncing around, trying to get out. And we'd watch together until those bubbles settled. Eventually, I would settle, too.


Miguel: Okay. Uh, this... is a bottle of Brunello di Montalcino. They call it the King of Italian wines. It's a hundred percent Sangiovese grapes grown only around the Tuscan town of Montalcino... Now, the region is so small that they can't produce a top vintage every year. The ripening season has to be perfect. And there's nothing they can do if the weather... won't cooperate. Maybe this year is too hot. This year's too cold. They, uh... they have to be patient. They have to wait out the bad years... believing that there is a better year coming. And it always is.

Beth: William would also get anxious about things. He was... sensitive and artistic and caring. But there's a fine line between caring and worrying, and sometimes that line gets blurry.

Rebecca: ... And that's when it became the perfect night. When we just let it be what it was.

Rebecca: We need to be able to think about him and not only be sad.

Nicky: I'm not a storyteller. And I don't like people. I-I don't even like you very much, and, uh, you're the closest person I've been to in the last 20 years.

Nicky: So... How good were you today, Kevin?

Kate: That's middle C. Yeah, that's your home base. You know where that is, you can go anywhere.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий