30 нояб. 2019 г.

How to Steal a Million (1966)

Charles Bonnet: This is not ordinary dirt. It is van Gogh dirt! I mean dirt from his own neighborhood. I scraped it myself off these old 19th-century canvases... It took me weeks. A nice touch of authenticity, don't you think? I doubt if van Gogh himself would've gone to such pains with his works.
Nicole Bonnet: He didn't have to. He was van Gogh.
Charles Bonnet: But you know that in his whole lifetime, he only sold one painting. Whereas I, in loving memory of his great tragic genius... have already sold two.

Charles Bonnet: The basic trouble with you is that you're honest. And I don't say that to hurt your feelings.

Nicole Bonnet: For a burglar, you're not very brave, are you?
Simon Dermott: I'm a society burglar. I don't expect people to rush about shooting me.

Simon Dermott: That hurt!
Nicole Bonnet: Don't be such a baby. It's only a flesh wound.
Simon Dermott: It happens to be my flesh.
Nicole Bonnet: You have to expect some occupational hazards. You broke in here to steal!
Simon Dermott: Could we keep personalities out of this conversation?

Simon Dermott: I have a funny feeling, believe me, it's rare in my profession... that you're completely trustworthy. Just one more tiny favor: Like an idiot, I forgot to wear gloves. I may have left fingerprints. Be an angel. Before you go to bed... give the frame of the painting a little wipe with a clean cloth, okay?
Nicole Bonnet: Certainly. Anything else? You wouldn't like a forged passport or some counterfeit money or....

Nicole Bonnet: Papa, I caught a burglar. ... It was pitch dark and there he was. Tall, blue eyes, slim, quite good-looking... in a brutal, mean way. Papa, a terrible man! Arrogant, ruthless, no sense of guilt or shame... or anything.


Charles Bonnet: This tall, good-looking ruffian with blue eyes... he didn't molest you in any way, did he?
Nicole Bonnet: Not much.

Simon Dermott: I want you to take a long last look at the blue sky, the green grass... the trees and the river, all of which I loathe personally... which is why a juicy stretch in a cozy French prison... doesn't bother me at all.

Nicole Bonnet: I'd like to remind you, Mr. Dermott, ours is a business relationship.
Simon Dermott: I am aware of that. I'm also aware of the social gulf between us. You are an aristocrat, and I am a humble burglar... There's the bathroom. Take off your clothes.
Nicole Bonnet: Are we planning the same sort of crime?

Simon Dermott: Comfy?
Nicole Bonnet: I hadn't counted on there being quite so much togetherness.
Simon Dermott: It's the height of the tourist season. Everything was booked. This was the best I could do.

Simon Dermott: ..... That's why.
Nicole Bonnet: I'm so stupid. Explain it to me again.

Nicole Bonnet: Pull yourself together. You're a genius.
Simon Dermott: I know. It's a funny feeling.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий