24 нояб. 2019 г.

Straw Dogs (1971)

David Sumner: What was so funny with them?
Amy: They just think you're strange.
David Sumner: Why, because I'm American?
Amy: Mmm, no. No. Just strange.
David Sumner: Do you think I'm strange?
Amy: Occasionally.

Chris Cawsey: I was just sayin' to your missus that in a funny sort of way I feel closer to rats than I do to people. Even though I kill 'em for a living. Their dying is my living, you might say.

Chris Cawsey: Smell a rat, see a rat, kill a rat. That's me. That's Chris Cawsey. I'd be lost without 'em, I suppose. That's true. I tell you straight. Cleverest thing you ever see around these parts is a rat. Rats is life!

Amy: You're not being fair. I'm just trying to help.
David Sumner: If you want to help, then get your friends to finish. Get the garage makers and the rat catchers– Get them all to finish! A-And fix the toilet and clean up the kitchen. That would be a terrific help!

David Sumner: I love you, Amy, but I want you to leave me alone.

Barney Hood: I expect to see you both at the social and at the church when you can spare the time...
David Sumner: Time is a little difficult to find these days. So are cats.

David Sumner: I have a grant to study, uh, possible structures in stellar interiors and the implications regarding their radiation characteristics. Am I boring anyone?
Barney Hood: Radiation... That's an unfortunate dispensation.
David Sumner: It surely is. Yes, indeed. As long as it's not another bomb.
Barney Hood: You're a scientist. Can you deny the responsibility?
David Sumner: Can you?.. After all, there's never been a kingdom given to so much bloodshed as that of Christ.
Barney Hood: That's Montesquieu, isn't it?
Louise Hood: Who's he?
Barney Hood: Somebody well worth reading. We'd better leave these good people.

David Sumner: This is my house.

David Sumner: No. I care. This is where I live. This is me. I will not allow violence against this house. Don't worry. Go on upstairs.

Henry Niles: I don't know my way home.
David Sumner: It's okay. I don't either.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий