18 нояб. 2019 г.

The End of the Beginning

Mr. Mercedes 3x7


Alma Lane: Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Alma Lane: It's just antiseptic. Makeshift medicine. We call it health care.

Alma Lane: Ooh, these are exciting times, Morris...

Bill Hodges: Hey.
Jerome Robinson: I'm fine.
Bill Hodges: I didn't ask that. I just said, "Hey."

ADA Sarah Pace: ... At the beginning of this, I said that this trial was really about us. Mostly you. Are we a society of law and order or not? Is everyone held to the same law, or if someone is popular enough, they get to commit murder? Okay to shoot unarmed people in the head just so long as they're bad people? Really? Yeah, I know who Brady is. And I know who Lou is. Who are you?

Jerome Robinson: Don't give me this whole "you're not alone" speech, please.
Holly Gibney: We're all alone... You know, that's why we have friends. To make the loneliness easier to take.

Alma Lane: I am not decrepit, and I'm not that old.

Alma Lane: You know, I'm 1/8 Shawnee on my mother's side. Well, maybe less. Not enough Shawnee to get any money out of the deal, but still, something to be proud of.

Alma Lane: We were the first people here and the first ones to get fucked over by the government. Chickasaw, Shawnee, Apache...In all the tribes, the women were in charge of torture. Did you know that? That's true.

Alma Lane: If I were to hit you on the head with a tomahawk, being part Shawnee, I'd be feeding into a nasty stereotype.... So being the politically correct person I fancy myself to be, I will spare you the tomahawk. You get the pickax. You get it twice.


John Rothstein: Ah, the old Faustian bargain. A pact with the devil. Your soul in hell for... honor, power, wealth, fame... and the love of women on Earth.
Bill Hodges: Freud said that last part, not the other fella.

John Rothstein: This is about one thing: to give your life meaning, to make it matter that you even lived!

Bill Hodges: Yeah, you've followed the law. And good on you. Nobody can deny it. But the question is, will you do justice?

Lou Linklatter: I had my turn for me. You asked if anyone wanted to speak for Brady. I'd like to speak for Brady. I think... I think somebody should.

Judge Raines: ...And don't you be killing anybody else.

Bill Hodges: You know... Rothstein spoke of a pending apocalypse. He said we're just at the end of the beginning of the world turning to absolute shit.
Ida Silver: You know what? Let's just... let's just give Rothstein a rest, shall we? Let's turn to Huxley, if you're so determined to drink to dystopia.
Bill Hodges: A brave new world it is.

Ida Silver: How did a lump like you get to be so literate?
Bill Hodges: My father. The only thing he gave me before he fucked off... A love of books, reading. Places they bring me, I suppose, seeing as he wasn't going to be there to bring me anywhere himself, that prick.

Bill Hodges: "How many goodly creatures are there here?"
Ida Silver: "How beauteous mankind is."
Bill Hodges: "O brave new world... "
Ida Silver: "That has such people in it."
Bill Hodges: Yeah...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий