29 нояб. 2019 г.

Rest in Pieces

American Horror Story. 1984

9×8

Donna: Margaret's probably got that "crazy person" strength, and you're gonna need that kind of strength if you want to be the final girl.
Brooke: Final girl?
Donna: Oh. That's right, you missed the '80s. Every horror movie has a final girl... the one who survives it all and lives to tell the tale. As I see it, that's either you or Margaret.
Brooke: Why can't it be you?
Donna: A black final girl? Sweetheart, they kill folks off with my complexion first.

Stacey Phillips: It's funny, ... back in the '70s, all anyone cared about was Bigfoot and aliens, the Loch Ness Monster, all that Leonard Nimoy In Search of... shit. But the '80s have been all about serial killers, human monsters.

Stacey: Have you been to a high school lately? It's not John Hughes. Kids are doing coke, bringing guns to school. All these clearly gay British musicians pretending to be straight. History's gonna look back at the '80s as the era of bullshit. Honestly, between Iran-Contra, AIDS, that TV show Small Wonder and crack, I'm pretty sure the '80s are gonna be the end of the world as we know it.

Bruce: I don't go in for that New Wave shit. The Eagles, man, that's where I come out. CCR. Bob Seger. It's all about the storytelling, you know?

Margaret: Everyone is still coming. No one is going to miss Kaja-fucking-googoo and their one hit single!

Jonas: It gets better. First time always feels the worst.
Benjamin: I f-f... felt everything. Pain. Fear. The... sudden disconnection with everything.
Jonas: Like you're drifting in space?
Benjamin: Yes!
Jonas: Alone. Forever.
Benjamin: How many times have you died?


Montana: We can feel fleeting pleasure. We can feel pain, we can feel scared, happy, in love, but... the only feeling that really lasts is a constant longing.
Trevor: For what?
Montana: To be alive. To be dead. To be anything but stuck here.

Trevor: There's nothing back there for me. The '80s are over. People don't even do coke anymore. Eh, fashion is boring. Lots of flannel. And good luck finding an aerobics class.

Trevor: I love you, Montana. You're '80s forever.

Brooke: You don't believe me?
Stacey: Oh, honey, I do. In my experience, truth is often stranger than fiction. I made a good living because of that. But in a way, it doesn't matter, because this is your story told from your point of view, so whatever you say is right is right.

Donna: Truth is not malleable!
Stacey: I work for the Enquirer. My motto is: Never let the facts get in the way of the truth, and never let the truth get in the way of a story that sells.

Xavier: You just turned me into a kabob. I might be dead, but I'm still traumatized.

Donna: This isn't who you are. There's evil inside you, yes. It's in us all, dormant and waiting... It grows in us like a cancer, but only if you feed it what it wants. Our hate and anger.

Brooke: ...And we can both be final girls?

Margaret: I don't know what she told you, but anything is too much.

Trevor: I was thinking... which generally gets me into trouble...

Lavinia: The past... it will haunt you forever if you let it.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий