29 нояб. 2019 г.

Help Is Other People

The Good Place 4×7

Chapter 46


Tahani: Speaking of which, the theme is "One Year Down, Infinity to Go." Dress is London black tie. That means Knightsbridge black tie, not Kensington or, heaven forbid, West Brompton. Can you imagine?

Eleanor: Janet, any chance you could get a look inside that obelisk? Check that magic scoreboard?
Janet: There is a chance, yes. About 1 in 970 trillion. Let's give her a whirl... It did not work.

Eleanor: You know? I would kill for an "oops, my bad." Who's a girl gotta fork to get an "oops, my bad"?

Chidi: Well, I swore I wouldn't tell, and keeping your word is a central tenet of deontological ethics.

Simone: I don't know. Maybe this isn't the Good Place. Maybe it's a test. My best guess, it's some kind of experiment. We're being observed in a closed environment.
Tahani: Simone, look at this logically. We are in paradise. There's fresh air, mountains, Janet. And yes, some of us are under 5'10"... but other than that, it is literally perfect here.

Eleanor: New plan: ... We do nothing. We hope that our early successes make up for the embarrassing mess we've become. Like Facebook or America.

Michael: Do you trust me?
Eleanor: Yeah. Fork it. Whatever it is, I'm in.
Jason: I'm always down for forking it.


Jason: In football, trying to run out the clock and hoping for the best never works. It's called "prevent defense." You don't take any chances and just try and hang on to your lead. But prevent defense just prevents you from winning. It's always better to try something.
Tahani: Jason, that was... coherent.
Jason: Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to.

Eleanor: ...Brent sucks. Brent is the opposite of a box of doughnuts.
Jason: Toilet full of broccoli.

Jason: Basically it's a Hail Mary. It's risky, but if we complete it, we win the game.
Tahani: That was two good analogies in a row. I'm now worried that he's a demon in a Jason suit.

Chidi: Well, if it is hell, I know why I'm here. Almond milk. I drank so much of it despite the negative environmental impacts.

Michael: What else can we try? We've already blown everything up. We can't blow it up again.
Jason: If there's one thing I know in this world, it's that you can always blow up the same thing twice.

Chidi: I have this stupid moral code that forces me to help everyone. But you have never helped anyone because you. Don't care. About other people. Which is the bare minimum that a person has to do, just care a little about the other people around you, and you can't do it.

Eleanor: Well, you know what they say. It's zero o'clock in the sky somewhere.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий