30 сент. 2019 г.

Mystic River (2003)

Jimmy Markum: Did you ever think about how one little choice could change a whole life? I heard Hitler's mother wanted to abort him. At the last minute, she changed her mind. See what I mean?

Whitey Powers: The moment I laid eyes on him, I could tell he'd done time. They never lose that tension, it settles in their shoulders.
Sean Devine: He lost his daughter. That's what's in his shoulders.
Whitey Powers: No, that's in his stomach. The tension in his shoulders, that's prison.

Brendan Harris: I loved her so much. I'm never gonna feel that again. It doesn't happen twice.
Sean Devine: Doesn't happen once most times.

Whitey Powers: You know, you take away love, money or hate as motives... you're not left with a whole lot.

Dave Boyle: Know what I was thinking about, huh?... Vampires.
Celeste Boyle: What about them?
Dave Boyle: They're undead... but I think maybe there's something beautiful about it. Maybe one day you wake up and you forget what it's like... to be human. Maybe then it's okay.
Celeste Boyle: What the fuck you talking about, Dave?
Dave Boyle: Vampires, sweetie. Werewolves.

Sean Devine: Sometimes I think... I think all three of us got in that car. And all of this is just a dream, you know?
Jimmy Markum: A dream, sure.
Sean Devine: In reality... we're still 11-year-old boys locked in a cellar... imagining what our lives would have been if we'd escaped.
Jimmy Markum: Maybe you're right. Who the fuck knows?

Annabeth Markum: Jimmy. I wanna feel your heart. Last night... when I put the girls to bed, I told them how big your heart was. I told them how much you loved Katie... because you created her. And sometimes, your love for her was so big... it felt like your heart would explode... I told them their daddy loved them that much too. That he had four hearts, and they were all filled up... and aching with a love that meant we would never have to worry. And that their daddy would do whatever he had to for those he loved. And that is never wrong. That can never be wrong, no matter what their daddy had to do. And those girls fell asleep at peace.

Jimmy Markum: Why didn't you call?
Annabeth Markum: Because it's like I told the girls. Their daddy's a king. And a king knows what to do and does it. Even when it's hard. And their daddy will do whatever he has to for those he loves. And that's all that matters. Because everyone is weak, Jimmy. Everyone but us. We will never be weak. And you... You could rule this town.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий