7 сент. 2019 г.

Ner Tamid

Fear the Walking Dead 5×12


♪ Barukh ata Adonai ♪
♪ Eloheinu Melekh ha-olam ♪
♪ Borei peri ha-gafen ♪
♪ Barukh ata Adonai ♪
♪ Eloheinu Melekh ha-olam ♪
♪ Borei minei v'samin ♪


Rabbi Jacob Kessner: If you were alive, I'd let you in, but we don't have anything to talk about, now, do we, me and you? And I'm sure you're not so good at conversation.

Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Alright. Alright. You wanna talk? Let's talk...

Charlie: I'm sorry. I saw the light.
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Don't be sorry, and, uh, it's not a light. It's ner tamid. The flame of truth, the, uh, presence of God. She led you here. I like to think of God as, uh... Well, seems God needs new batteries. So, uh, why don't we get you something to eat and maybe a towel?

Sarah: Locked up tighter than fireman's sphincter on the Fourth of July.

Charlie: Do you really think that God led me here?
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: You don't?
Charlie: Why would he?
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Why wouldn't he?
Charlie: Do you answer every question with a question?
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Do I?

Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Excuse me. Hashem calls.

Rabbi Jacob Kessner: I used to talk to my congregation about a thing called t'chayth hameitim, that the souls of the dead would rise and be reunited with their bodies at the end of this world. I suppose I got it half right.

Yiskadal, v'yis kadash sh'may raboh...
B'alma di v'ra chirutei,
v'yamlich malchutei.
Behayekhon uvyomekhon.



Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Put it on... Not for me. For Hashem.
John: Hashem?... Ah.
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Yep.
John: How do I look?
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: Goyish. Kinda like the pope.
John: Oh.
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: But not bad.

Dwight: I remember just watchin' walkers, ... just sorta wanderin' around. You know, who knows how far they came from or where they're goin'? They're just wanderin', you know? It's a life on the road forever.

Kessner: I'm alive because I left. I'm alive because I didn't believe in God. If that isn't a clear message, I don't know what is.

Charlie: So the prayers, the lamp, the...
Kessner: It's all I have left... the rhythms of a life I'm trying to hold on to.

Sarah: We go down, we go down with the ship. Even if we end up crispy critters.

Sarah: Good to have you with us, Rabbi. Say, you wouldn't happen to know how far out we are from Yom Kippur, would ya? I got a few things to atone for.

Dwight: You're Jewish?
Sarah: Rabinowitz. Card-carrying member of the tribe.
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: I was about to do the Ma'ariv. Care to join me?
Sarah: You ever say kiddush with a Saison?
Rabbi Jacob Kessner: No need. I make my own wine.
Sarah: My kinda rabbi.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий