14 сент. 2019 г.

Our Man in Havana (1959)

Man on Street: Shoeshine? Pretty girl? Dirty movie? Palace of Art?

Hawthorne: Atomic pile cleaner? I didn't know science had got that far.
Jim Wormold: It works off the light plug, the same as all the others. Did you want a vacuum cleaner?
Hawthorne: In a way.

Hawthorne: Looks natural if someone barges in. And of course, it confuses a mike.
Jim Wormold: A mike?
Hawthorne: You're right to question. There wouldn't be a mike here. But it's the drill that counts.

Hawthorne: My name's Hawthorne. You will come to know me better as 59200. I'm in charge of the Caribbean network.
Jim Wormold: It sounds like the Secret Service.
Hawthorne: So the novelists call it.

Hawthorne: We have to have our man in Havana. Recruit sub-agents, keep an eye on things...

'C': Who's he?
Our man in Havana, sir.

Jim Wormold: The other day, I was offered money to get information.
Dr. Hasselbacher: What sort of information?
Jim Wormold: Secret information.
Dr. Hasselbacher: You are a very lucky man, Mr. Wormold! That sort of information is always easy to give. If it is secret enough, you alone know it. All you need is a little imagination.

Dr. Hasselbacher: Have you read advertisements of secret remedies? A hair tonic confided by the dying chief of an Indian tribe? There's something about a secret that makes people believe.

Jim Wormold: But they want me to recruit agents. How does one recruit an agent?
Dr. Hasselbacher: You invent them, too, Mr. Wormold. ...
Jim Wormold: Do you think I should invent and take their money?
Dr. Hasselbacher: They have no money except what they take in taxes from men like you and me. As long as you invent, you do no harm. And they don't deserve the truth.
Jim Wormold: They?
Dr. Hasselbacher: Kingdoms, republics, principalities, powers.


Beatrice Severn: You've pulled a big scoop. You're our man in Havana. The best agent in the western hemisphere.

Dr. Hasselbacher: It needs no skill to kill a man. But to save a man, that takes six years of training, and then one cannot be sure. There is not one patient that I know that I have saved. But the man I killed, I know him.

Jim Wormold: Who is going to murder me and how? It interests me personally.

Capt. Segura: And what do you have to do tonight, Mr. Wormold?
Jim Wormold: Beat you at checkers.
Capt. Segura: What is this?
Jim Wormold: When you take a piece, you drink it.
Capt. Segura: As I'm the better player, I drink more?
Jim Wormold: Perhaps you have a weak head.
Capt. Segura: It's as strong as another man's. But sometimes when I drink I lose my temper, and I would not want to do this with my future father-in-law.
Jim Wormold: You play with the Scotch, I play with the Bourbon.

Jim Wormold: Do you keep your gun loaded?
Capt. Segura: The kind of enemies I have do not give me time to load.

Jim Wormold: There's a club not too far from here. The Ophelia.
Hubert Carter: Quiet spot?
Jim Wormold: Very quiet.
Hubert Carter: No danger... Police?
Jim Wormold: No, everything's legal in Havana.

'C': In our service it is essential to bury the past very quickly and very securely.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий