12 сент. 2019 г.

Big Night (1996)

Man in Restaurant: Monsieur, is this what I ordered?
Secondo: Yes, it is risotto, a special recipe that my brother and I bring from Italy. It's delicious, I promise.
Man in Restaurant: It took so long I thought you went back to Italy to get it.
Secondo: I know, but it's worth it, I promise. You would like fresh pepper or cheese? ...
Woman in Restaurant: Excuse me. Didn't you say this would be rice with seafood?
Secondo: Yes. It is Italian arborio rice, the best. Then with shrimp and scallop and...
Woman in Restaurant: I don't see anything that looks like a shrimp or scallop. I mean, it's just not what I expected. But I get spaghetti with this, right?
Secondo: Why? Well, no.
Woman in Restaurant: I thought all main courses come with spaghetti.
Secondo: Some yes. But you see, risotto is rice, so it is a starch. And it doesn't go really with pasta.
Man in Restaurant: Honey, order a side of spaghetti, that's all.
Woman in Restaurant: And I'll eat your meatballs. He'll have the meatballs.
Secondo: Well, the spaghetti comes without meatballs.
Woman in Restaurant: There are no meatballs with the spaghetti?!
Secondo: No. Sometimes spaghetti likes to be alone.
Woman in Restaurant: Then I guess we'll also have a side order of meatballs.

Primo: I want to know for who.
Secondo: Just make me the side order of spaghetti, please.
Primo: Secondo, I want to know who is it for.
Secondo: ... For the lady with the risotto.
Primo: What? Why?!
Secondo: She likes starch.

Primo: Who are these people in America?!

Secondo: I had to convince him to come here to have our own place. Because I know in Italy you work hard and there is nothing. But here, you work hard and...
Pascal: I know. That is why we all come here, huh? It's the land of fucking opportunity, right? But you can't come here and expect the figs... the first year you plant the goddamn tree, no matter who you are! You know what I'm saying?

Secondo: I under stand, and I'm sorry... You know. everything has just... become... too much.
Pascal: Hey, fucking guy. What is this "too much," huh? Hey! It is never too much! It's only not enough! Bite your teeth into the ass of life... and drag it to you!

Pascal: I am for you like one of those things with the lights.
Secondo: What?
Pascal: With the ships in the storm with the lights!
Secondo: What?
Pascal: What do you call it?
Gabriella: The lighthouse.
Pascal: That's what I am for you! If it rain, you look for me. I show you the way home.
Gabriella: Suppose he doesn't want to go home?
Pascal: He doesn't want to come home? He's in the fucking rain!
Gabriella: Some people like the rain.

Primo: People should come just for the food.
Secondo: I know that.
Primo: People should come just for the food!
Secondo: I know that, I know. But they don't.


Phyllis: What is timpano? ...
Primo: Phyllis, timpano is a pasta, see? With a special crust. And it's shaped like a drum. Like a timpanidrum.

Primo: Have you ever been to Bologna? Oh, I take you someday there. I mean, you like cream?
Ann: Yes.
Primo: Yes? I thought you do. Well, you will love this place. Bologna is sad, a little. The city is old. Old is nice, but is dark. But the food! They make there a dish called, listen, lasagna... Lasagna Bolognese. You can't believe how good this is. When my uncle, in Rome, at this restaurant, when he make this... you eat and then you go and... you have to kill your self. After you eat this, you can't live!

Ann: Oh, my God!
Primo: "Oh, my God" is right, see? Now you know. To eat good food is to be close to God.

Primo: You know what they say? To know God... To have the knowing?
Ann: Knowledge.
Primo: The knowledge of God is the bread of angels. I'm never sure what that means, but is true.

Phyllis: You know how they get you, these people? Men? Boys? They make you think they have secrets they will tell. But they have nothing to tell. And then they talk. And they talk, talk and keep talking. And what do they say?
Gabriella: Nothing.
Phyllis: Right. And then they smoke. and then they talk some more. And then that's that.

Chubby: What s the matter?!
Chubby's Wife: My mother was such a terrible cook...

Secondo: You will never have my brother. He lives in a world above you. What he has and what he is is rare. You are nothing.
Pascal: I'm a businessman. I'm anything I need to be at any time. Tell me, what exactly are you?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий