1 сент. 2019 г.

McMafia #1.1

Boris Godman: You ever know what he's thinking? He's got this beautiful smile, but underneath maybe he's thinking, "Screw you and your friends, Uncle Boris. I don't need your money."

Alan Reynott: If you were American, or German, or Spanish, then you would issue a denial and that would be the end of it, but because of where you come from, these rumours tend to stick.

Oksana Godman: When I met your father, I was a market girl and he made me a princess. I had everything I wanted, I had you, I had your sister, I had Chanel and Dior.
Alex Godman: It didn't matter what he did for a living?
Oksana Godman: You know, in Russia, they call everyone a gangster. So what? Papa was a businessman and in his business there was a lot of money, so it was very dangerous. And then, when they kicked him out, I didn't care that he wasn't a boss any more. I still loved him.

Semiyon Kleiman: Why is McDonald's more successful than Burger King?
Alex Godman: Many reasons.
Semiyon Kleiman: One reason. There are more of them. I want to expand my franchise in Europe, Asia, Africa. Everywhere there is a McDonald's, I want to build two Burger Kings. I want to build so many that people stop going to my competitor and his backers lose faith in him and pull out.


Semiyon Kleiman: My daughter serves in the Mossad, Mr Godman. Do you know what their motto is? .... By deception, we will do war.

Alex Godman: I'm a banker, not a gangster.
Semiyon Kleiman: All I need is a banker. These wars are fought in boardrooms, not on the street. Money. Moving money is your weapon.

Rebecca Harper: The question we have to ask ourselves is whether ethical capitalism is possible. I believe we have no choice. The public have made their feelings clear. The unethical pursuit of profit at the expense of others is no longer acceptable. We live in a globalised, hyper-connected world, where over a billion people subsist on less than a dollar a day. A system designed to create wealth for all has been exploited by the few to create unparalleled inequality. The problem doesn't lie with capitalism, but with those capitalists who have put self-interest and short-term gain ahead of the good of the people, those who have forgotten their economic covenant with society. Well, the rot sets in when we draw a distinction between our values as business leaders and our values as human beings...

Vadim Kalyagin: And you, Mr Godman? Are you harmless?
Alex Godman: I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I was educated at a private school in England, business school in America. I run my own firm in the City. I'm very happy with my life the way it is.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий