24 июн. 2021 г.

Testimony

The Handmaid's Tale 4×8


June: I'm not nervous or worried. Or scared. I can't fucking wait.

June: You should face her. Emily, you need to... You have to get out everything you have been holding in. I promise you, you will feel better.
Emily: Well, we're not all like you...

Waterford: They need to know we're a family. Appearances matter, Mrs. Waterford. Besides, do you want June to think you're afraid to face her?
Serena: I'll see you in the morning.
Waterford: Oh, maybe wear the teal...

Aunt Lydia: It's deplorable.

Bailiff: Please raise your right hand.
June: Is there a Bible?
Bailiff: No, Ma'am. Not in this court. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

June: My name is June Osborn. Fred Waterford and Serena Joy Waterford imprisoned me, beat me, and raped me....

June: I am grateful to be speaking to you today. But mine is just one voice. Countless others will remain unheard..... Women... my friends... who lost their lives and can never be heard. It is for those women that I ask the International Criminal Court to confirm the charges against this man and put him on trial. I ask for the maximum possible sentence. I ask for justice.

Waterford: God tests us. He tests us with a heavy hand. The sacrifices we all made in Gilead were difficult. But where else on Earth is the birth rate rising? Nowhere. Only in Gilead because it works. It works. We chose God's path and have been rewarded for our suffering...

June: I am done!.. I am done. Anything more can wait for your trial.

Commander Lawrence: I know you, you enjoy inflicting pain.
Aunt Lydia: Why... that isn't true.
Commander Lawrence: I'm not judging. Everybody needs a hobby, I guess.

June: Why the fuck do you think you deserve forgiveness?
Iris Baker: We are all God's children.
June: Bull-shit! You people hide behind God every time it serves you.

Iris Baker: Please. Please, please, please, Emily. Tell me what I can do to make things better.
Emily: Nothing. There's nothing you can do.

Aunt Lydia: Look what she's done to you... She corrupts. She destroys. Everyone.

Moira: All of us are just searching for ways to move forward. Take all that shit from Gilead and just... turn it into something... useful.
Emily: I don't know if that's possible.

Emily: I feel... amazing. I'm glad she's dead. And I hope I had something to do with it.

Moira: Okay, everyone. Um... we've talked about this. Anger is a valid emotion, it's, uh, necessary, important even, to heal. But we can't live there.
June: Why not? Why does healing have to be the only goal? Why can't we be as furious as we feel? Don't we have that right?
Moira: And I think that's the hour, ladies. Pick this back up next week. Thank you.
June: I'll stay longer if anyone else wants to...

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий