6 июн. 2021 г.

Le Bureau des Légendes #4.10

Jean-Paul: It's time, buddy. Almost dying together creates a bond.

Jonas: I'm getting an earache. I am. I know I am. I'm getting an earache. I am. I know I am. I'm getting an earache. I am. I know I am—
Jean-Paul: What are you doing?
Jonas: Praying.

Jonas: You think we're different? We're the same. I'm afraid of women, like you. They scare me to death. When one's in the room, I... I can't breathe. I get stomach cramps.
     Have you ever seen a woman climax? It's frightening. It never ends. It's horrible. The first time I saw it, I was floored. For us, it's over before it starts. But with women, it never ends. It's unbelievable. Puts us in our place, huh? As the pathetic, insignificant beings we are...
     So, I avoid them. A true coward. But it's hard. They're everywhere. That's why I understand you. You veil them from head to foot. They're not as scary. We live and work with them. They're in the street, on the bus... We're not allowed to be scared. We must be brave. But I can't.

Jonas: We have something else in common. You and I both know we have no purpose on earth. We're here, living, eating... But we serve no purpose whatsoever. None. Doesn't that flip you out? We're totally useless. Random... Why am I here on Earth? No reason. What am I to do? Who knows. It's unbearable. So, we establish strict rules because it's impossible to live in such chaos. I have rules and rituals. Without them, I panic. When I think about it, I get... I'm getting an earache. I know I am. I'm sorry. That's my ritual.
     When I think of chaos, I must repeat 21 times: "I'm getting an earache. I am. I know I am." If not, I throw up.

Jonas: You and I are the same, afraid of two things. Women and chaos. We'll do anything to avoid them. But to avoid them, you went to greater lengths than me. You tried to build a world, sheltered from women and chaos. I totally respect that...
     Why did you fail? Us cowards, we were counting on you. Why did you fail?

Marina: You're not really free, are you?
Malotru: No.
Marina: Why did they send you? Do you trust them?
Malotru: I see evil everywhere.

Marina: Did I mean nothing to you when I was in Iran? Was I simply disposable?
Malotru: No.
Marina: What about the mission you sacrificed me for?
Malotru: I can't discuss it.
Marina: How did it feel to betray me again?
Malotru: Each mission is separate. If I had to betray you a third time, I would. Even if I thought it was very unfair, I'd do it.
Marina: You're loyalty personified.
Malotru: You wouldn't do the same?
Marina: I would.

Marie-Jeanne: He's working for us. In exchange, we assassinate him? We can't do that.
Michel: Here's the rule, the reasonable rule I find very fair. "We don't hunt, punish or kill." No, we don't kill. But when a disloyal agent is in trouble, we don't help him out. The least we can do is abandon him. Yes, we abandon him. That's the rule.
Marie-Jeanne: You're very keen to discuss the death of a man who works for us.
Michel: I said what I had to say. In some cases, we kill those who work for us. For example, if a source becomes dangerous, we get rid of them. There's no ethical question. The issue is strategic.


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий